Irish Web Usage / Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toiletroll

I would like to see the year on year growth of the online industry in Ireland. Figures like how many people have broadband in ireland in 2006 / 2007 2008 etc.. Also perhaps the volumes and perhaps even forecast for 2009 2010 etc..

jmcc

I would like to see the year on year growth of the online industry in Ireland. Figures like how many people have broadband in ireland in 2006 / 2007 2008 etc.. Also perhaps the volumes and perhaps even forecast for 2009 2010 etc..

ComReg.ie would have most of those figures but any projections for 2009/2010 might be hard to come by. The Amas.ie State of The Net tends to drag a few stats together but it really is just a press release designed to hype the services of Amas. It is best to go to the original sources like ComReg.

The stealth market to watch over the next few years will be the growth of mobile internet. That reminds me, I must do a blog post about the state of the Irish domains/website business. :)

Regards...jmcc

Toiletroll

ComReg.ie would have most of those figures but any projections for 2009/2010 might be hard to come by. The Amas.ie State of The Net tends to drag a few stats together but it really is just a press release designed to hype the services of Amas. It is best to go to the original sources like ComReg.

The stealth market to watch over the next few years will be the growth of mobile internet. That reminds me, I must do a blog post about the state of the Irish domains/website business. :)

Regards...jmcc

yes, I have noticed the mobile :)

thanks for the above info

SteH

The number of broadband subscribers, excluding mobile broadband, is 856,375 as of the end of September 2008. If you include mobile broadband the number is 1,125,080. This gives a penetration rate of 19.7% (25.9% including mobile).

This site has some stats on broadband in europe: ectaportal.com/en/

Comreg is also good.

Status
Not open for further replies.