Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul45

I am seeking an SEO provider and was referred to SEO. It seems to me that these guys are saying they don't want payment until they have proved results with webpage positions in searches. Is it just me?

bober

is it just me? or is this guy just looking for a link....humm i wonder!

Paul45

No, not looking for a link. I just wanted to know if I was interpreting what they were saying correctly

Satanta

Have to agree with bober that a brand new member, linking to a brand new site, using a specific page with very targeted anchor text does look very questionable.

I just wanted to know if I was interpreting what they were saying correctly

Given the level of information available on the site, it's impossible to know. There's pretty much nothing there, other than some generic comments.

Paul45

Again,,, not looking for a link - just feedback!! the site is: doubleU doubleU doubleU dot sem.ie

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Again,,, not looking for a link - just feedback!! the site is: doubleU doubleU doubleU dot sem.ie
So you want feedback on the sem.ie site or you want to know about their services?

Sorry - just confused here

Paul45

So you want feedback on the sem.ie site or you want to know about their services?

Sorry - just confused here

I was given their name on friday night by an in-law, who was ranting about them. Since they were closed on saturday I thought here would be the place to ask if anyone has used their service before. From what I read on their site they only charge on successul search positions

Satanta

... who was ranting about them.
In a positive way, or a negative?

Can't say I'd ever heard of them, before seeing a number of links pop up on various forums in the last couple of days.

There's far too little information on the site to make any call on them or the performance billing they offer (which is fairly common in the industry), the site itself is in breach of a number of legal requirements here in Ireland (so an instant black mark) and the site itself doesn't go to any attempt to show knowledge or experience in the industry (other than a few generic and a few self promotional statements). I've no idea if they're good or not, but there's nothing to demonstrate it on their own site.

Paul45

He was ranting is a positive way.

I intend on calling them tomorrow. What questions should I be asking, apart from the obvious price structure questions.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Get examples of previous work and contact details of past clients.
It's very easy to claim that they can do all sorts of wonderful things, but unless they've got clients who are happy with the work that has been done for them in the past ...

savantcreative

Take a look at their site. How do they rank for their own terms? What backlinks do they have? Check other clients they have worked for their positioning in the SERPS. My firm doesn't do any SEO work until we are retained so I am a bit suspicious. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Beaker123

the site looks absolutely horrible, and a big chunk of smelly code hanging at the footer, they claim very little tbh, and are extremely vague in their services. No packages, price guides, just a number.. hmm... id say look elsewhere for a quality service. As its not too hard to rank 1st on a .ie anyway.

Tom

This is actually one of my websites that I only put up a couple of weeks ago. It's very much a work in progress and I have a lot of work to do on it :eek: Paul45 if you're interested feel free to pm or email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.