Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Only reason I didn't use caching was that I had some custom stats running. Caching would make a huge difference.

There are supposedly ways of doing both ie. caching static and allowing dynamic content, though I never tried it

frankp

I think there's a certain cultural aspect to the online community which results in people reaching for the submit button instead of the telephone these days, and it's a pity... sometimes there's no ill intent, it's just become the norm to blog or post about it instead of pick up the phone and talk to someone, which is crazy.

I'm interested in the whole WP resource hog aspect though - I know it can be, but was your account just switched off with no proper contact to you? That's also insane. Are you running wp-cache or super-cache?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Which is why I'd recommend you to look at MovableType instead. You can get onto the frontpage of Digg and the server won't even flinch :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I think there's a certain cultural aspect to the online community which results in people reaching for the submit button instead of the telephone these days, and it's a pity... sometimes there's no ill intent, it's just become the norm to blog or post about it instead of pick up the phone and talk to someone, which is crazy.

Some people seem to think that whinging in public about everything is a valid means of communication and then seem "amazed" when they lose all respect from their peers

frankp

Some people seem to think that whinging in public about everything is a valid means of communication and then seem "amazed" when they lose all respect from their peers

Indeed. Publication vs communication seems to be a distinction lost on many of those involved in Web2.0.

gav240z

Wordpress no cache?

So wordpress has no caching option by default? I couldn't see one. Do you need a plugin?

I know Drupal and Joomla have one, so I'd be surprised if Wordpress didn't, but then again.

D

Deleted member 444

And while I'm here...
You'd think a hosting provider could come up with something a bit more discrete than:
This Account Has Been Suspended Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.
Just send it in an email, the whole world doesn't need to know.
Fake "This site is currently down for maintenance" errors for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.