Status
Not open for further replies.

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
Hi All,

happy New Year

I have reviewing the new Irish men’s website joe.ie, it seems to have a lot of really cool features, with lots of interactivity between authors & visitors, and I am wondering what CMS it is built on. It reminds me of the bbc radio one website and today fm, does anyone know what kind of system they are using? I know today fm are aspx and is probably custom built, but im not so sure about joe.ie. It does have a wordpress feel to it too!

Unreal

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If it's not obvious from the source code maybe you could ask the developers?

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
It looks similar to joomla, but i cannot be sure, I didnt think developers actually gave out that info considering I would be a competitor, but I might just try that, thanks Blacknight, fast response as always.

php.allstar

Hi,

I like reading about website security etc, and one of the things I remember reading was in order to find out about how a website was built, a good place to look is the careers page on the site (if any).

Now in the footer of the site it says on there that the site was done by Impact Media. A lookup of their site shows a career page (advertising jobs, marketing jobs, design career, Galway Limerick - Careers) and low and behold they are looking for a developer with "Ability to develop with CMS Made Simple".

Now granted, that doesn't mean that Joe.ie uses this CMS but it is a good starting point!

unrealindeed

Administrator
Staff member
I Emailed the developers, lets see if they come back to me on it! That builtwith website is a great tool, I did not know of it until now, thank you link8r. I also like the idea php.alstar came up with, it makes perfect sense. I think Joe.ie seems a bit complex for CMS Made Simple, but maybe I am wrong, CMS made simple is somethign i have yet to look into... I will post back when I hear more...

Thank you to all... great help.

nevf

I have to say, the joe.ie website is actually really well designed. I don't think that making such a website would be possible with cmsmadesimple, given that I've used it and it is for the most part a very simple CMS. I cannot see how a website with as much content could be handled by a cms with the stability of cmsmadesimple. Then again, stranger things have happened.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You're welcome @Unrealindeed.

Feel free to use @blacknight's new
"Thanks" button :)
The "thanks" button has been there for months :)

Status
Not open for further replies.