Link building tips for directory owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiyerl

This is an article i wrote on my blog, it shows ways of building back links whether for a directory or a website, although its targeted at directory owners, but you can take away some basic tips.

The best way to build quality back links is to register with forums and post with your link and keyword in your signature. Webmaster forums are a great way to make contacts with other people in your niche, if you own some form of directory most webmaster forums allow people to post lists of website and article directories. If your site isn’t listed then post a comment.

Blog commenting works pretty good as well, but make sure to leave a decent enough comments on-topic which means reading the blog. Don’t leave fast comments like:

Ya I agree (website)

Great post (website)

Most likely some blogger will add your IP to a spam database which can cause some trouble in your future internet career. Use a keyword as your username if you think you can get away with it, but if you want to be safe use a normal name, or a name with a keyword in it like:

Paul freelinks

Another must for building back links is to add your website to popular directory lists such as directory citric and best directories to name but a few. Look for some quality free or paid directories to submit your website too, like vmoptions.com and amray.com. You can always tell if the directory your submitting too is worthwhile by doing a search or looking at there latest links, if you see allot of keyword rubbish for a title or description then don’t bother, most likely the owner doesn’t care about the directory and it will fade away in time.

Choose your target keywords wisely, if your targeting keywords like “web directory” it is a hard nut to crack or it will take a good deal of time. Try and target long tail keywords like “web directory free links”. Use the google keyword search tool to find what works best for you. Good luck.

piotr

you can use any submitter but you need only good quality links from high PR and TR pages, like your idea with a signature.

do you know any good list of free directories .ie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.