Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormac

Does anyone actually use Linkedin?

The main 'thing' about it seems to be a race to get as many contacts as possible. I only return to Linkedin to add contacts, I have no other reason to visit it.

Anyhow, dis b me here > LinkedIn: Cormac Moylan

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Does anyone actually use Linkedin?

The main 'thing' about it seems to be a race to get as many contacts as possible. I only return to Linkedin to add contacts, I have no other reason to visit it.

Most social networks seem to be.

I do all the time, as would a lot of other people I know

Its also a place that a lot of job firms seem to target and link in to as many people as possible so they can "spam" with offers .. though its always nice to be asked :D

I mainly find I use it to keep track of friends and where they are working though I don't use it that much. I was thinking about becoming active on the forums there but one forum at a time :D .

Everyone in my profile I know ... or else now they are part of IWF or Boards .. but have some work related connection.

Forbairt

Unfortunately good sales / support staff seem to be very hard to hang onto in this country .. (speaking in terms of my old company) .. how much is it to advertise the job on there ?

Wonder if VA is interested :p
(native french / fluent english / fluent german / bit of irish / spanish / italian and wanting to learn russian / chinese .. at the moment) .. europeans can really put us to shame at times :D

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately good sales / support staff seem to be very hard to hang onto in this country .. (speaking in terms of my old company) .. how much is it to advertise the job on there ?

About €150 I think...
Wonder if VA is interested :p
(native french / fluent english / fluent german / bit of irish / spanish / italian and wanting to learn russian / chinese .. at the moment) .. europeans can really put us to shame at times :D
Just remember the job is based in Carlow.... NOT Galway

Forbairt

Just remember the job is based in Carlow.... NOT Galway

I doubt she's interested but she would have various friends maybe interested I'll ask. (one was just on to her about working in ireland .. native french / fluent german / ok english
(The majority of her friends would have gone into translation)
Also english wouldn't be their native language which I presume would be a requirement ?

150EUR is quite reasonable compared to some of the job agencies at 1 - 3k ... and the last advert I fixed up and placed for a job in the Galway Advertiser ran to well over 600 EUR .. for 1 week :| Response wasn't too hot as well :(

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I doubt she's interested but she would have various friends maybe interested I'll ask. (one was just on to her about working in ireland .. native french / fluent german / ok english
(The majority of her friends would have gone into translation)
Also english wouldn't be their native language which I presume would be a requirement ?

For multilingual staff? God no

150EUR is quite reasonable compared to some of the job agencies at 1 - 3k ... and the last advert I fixed up and placed for a job in the Galway Advertiser ran to well over 600 EUR .. for 1 week :| Response wasn't too hot as well :(
hehe

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cool :)

My network is expanding with useful contacts :)

Has anyone else been contacted by people asking for recommendations / endorsements when you've never actually used their services?

Forbairt

Has anyone else been contacted by people asking for recommendations / endorsements when you've never actually used their services?

Hasn't happened to me yet but then I'm not active on it really :)
Potentially if you start on the boards you'll get people requesting endorsements ...

Did have one or two people asking to join my network ... I added them .. asked who they were and how they knew me and they never responded so I removed them again (quite annoying as a simple you seem like someone I should know .. would have worked) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.