Status
Not open for further replies.

Comparison.ie

I've just been submitting the new site to a few directories and thought this might be useful to anyone else doing the same:

Find Ireland search engines with Search Engine Colossus

It's a fairly good list of directories, all of whihc are free to submit to and don't rwquirea reciprocal link. It also have links to directories for pretty much every other country, so will be handy if you run websites aimed at overseas markets as well.

mowd

I get a lot of traffic every month from Search Engine Colossus to my Irish web directory.

johned

I got fed up filling in the forms whilst submiting my site to directories so i wrote a vb app to speed things up.

I have put it for download on an old eircom account that a mate used to have a site on so im not posting the link to my origional site.

You can download it here http://homepage.eircom.net/~jdcleaning/Dir submit.exe

Its prety simple realy just like an extended clip board.

open the application and click edit then fill in your details then click one of the buttons and its content is ready to be pasted in to the form. The program is written to stay on top of all pages to minimize it simply click hide.

Hope you find it helpfull
its vb so windows only.

johned

Sorry forgot to say if anyone wants the source so they can customise give me a shout and i will post it in a differant thread or pm.

caminowebmaster

handy little program - though must say when doing directory submission I have got into the habit of out sourcing or sometimes I use semi-automated software, which I found worthwhile even if only for the huge list of directories at the time.

caminowebmaster

I own websearch.ie. If there is any questions you want to ask me, fell free.

I'm sure that was a typo...

I wrote about this site a while back advising everyone to get listed here before it becomes paid - as it is bound to as it is a good directory - and there are not many directories in Ireland giving good clean links. Yet... in the process of setting one up myself. (well it is on the list)

caminowebmaster

same as you - bought it an age ago and have just not got around to setting it up - and the domain was hosted in the us, so also took a while to get that moved to ireland - as there will be more than a directory on the site.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Just a minor update:

Irish Ecommerce Directory - Online Shopping in Ireland - submission form is finally fixed. The captcha was b0rked after a php upgrade, so it's been completely removed

Irish Search and Directory Ireland - you now need to sign up to submit links. I was getting a silly amount of spammy Russian junk, so hopefully this will put them off :)

Irish Hotel Search:: Places to Stay in Ireland - hotels only

Irish Guesthouses - Bed and Breakfasts in Ireland - Places to Stay - guesthouses + bed and breakfasts only

Status
Not open for further replies.