Looking for a mentor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zascar

Hey guys. Bit of a strange question here but I thought I'd throw it in anyway and see what comes of it. I know there are a lot of real web pro's on this forum - and I'm wondering would anyone be willing to act as my effective "Mentor"?

Long story short I've just started on the launch of a new website. It's a concept already very successful in the US and international - very simple and effective - but I've put a slightly different spin on it for the Irish market. It has got a really fantastic response so far - and I really believe it can become extremely successful if the promotion etc is done right. I have a big interest in social media and web stuff but I'm no web or media pro. I'm looking for someone who has experience in taking a site to a very wide audience and what actions and techniques work best to spread the word.

I'm sure many of you who work in companies either have or act as Mentors - and it can be extremely useful. I think me having someone to give me advice and guidance could help me considerably. My site is not a niche, it has real mass-appeal - and its a fresh and new concept that most (non-webby) people have not heard of before. The site is up and running, the hard part around promotion etc comes next.

I'm on a shoestring budget but I don't like to ask people for their time and efforts for free so we can come up with something, whether it be even just a few pints in your local while I pick your brain!

So, any takers???
Z

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Obvious question - where are you based?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well it might be almost easier to meet me in the airport these days, but if you want to arrange to drop in when I'm around for a brutal chat, please feel free to ping me an email

Status
Not open for further replies.