looking for an hotel booking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliflorence

Hi,
We are doing up a site for an hotel and they are looking for us to build a booking system.

It would make much more sens for them to use a third party booking system, could any one recommend one that intergates well into a site, possibly an Irish one. I have seen aro.ie and avvio.com.

Furthermore, the customer is saying they have an accounting system called hot soft and they would like to know if the booking system can tie to it.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

php.allstar

Hi,

Hotsoft has an ecommerce addon. http://www.paragonsystems.ie/images/HotSoft e-commerce overview.pdf

Might be worth giving paragon a call to find out about it, if they have an api etc...

If not, I'm sure you could write a connector to the hotsoft application db.
You'd have to set up a server running as a slave of the master server housing hotsoft, in the hotel. This slave server would need a fixed IP address as the website would need to be able to talk to this slave server in the hotel to pull back the availability / update availability. Your code would want to be bulletproof though, and you'd want to check with whoever provides the hotel with hotsoft if this type of setup would interfere with maintenance contracts etc...

CentralR offer an iframeable booking engine as far as I know.

Dara

Oliflorence,
PM me if you like-can offer you a few suggestions from my own experiences.

johnpers

Take a look at sirvoy

The lowest price I've found for a reservation system/booking engine, which still is offering a good service (better than some of the more expensive ones) is sirvoy. It's £15/month flat. I especially like the statistics feature.

johnpers

Btw, there is an export function which produces a monthly sales report for bookkeeping, which should be enough to integrate with their accounting system that you're mentioning(?).

rekhib

I know the OP was looking for this quite some time ago but if you are still looking for an open-ended reservation system, you could try this hotel booking system. In terms of integrating with the accounts package, most packages have an import facility where they take in an XML or CSV file. Likely, you won't find something out-the-box to meet your specific requirements but it should be fairly simple to build as an add-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.