Status
Not open for further replies.

lostie

yeah its just i figured the free one didnt have any zoom functionality or anything special. but thanks for the other link, i'll think about it, its not for a company at all, just a society in UCC, im going back to college so i figured id keep myself busy with a few projects...

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Zoom is actually easier than you would think with flash ...

Multiple pages and jump to a page would be quite easy as well ... shouldn't really take you more than a day to sort out ... :) as you'll have the base file to work with .. and there are plenty of tutorials out there :)

lostie

Thanks for the tips there Fobairt, I really should spend a lot of time messing around with flash, all I can manage so far is the basic one image changing to another. Hopefully we'll cover it some bit in college.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Thanks for the tips there Fobairt, I really should spend a lot of time messing around with flash, all I can manage so far is the basic one image changing to another. Hopefully we'll cover it some bit in college.

Your best bet ... is ... set yourself a semi challenging project ... for example a page turning booklet thingy :)

Then break it up into very simple sub projects ... figure out how to do each bit you want ... don't look at it as a whole going .. oh god thats complicated ...

For example you page turning thing .. you want to figure out how to load in an image ...

then you want to figure out how to load in multiple images ...

Then you want to figure out how to create a button to go to the next page .. and a button to go to the previous

then you want to figure out how to do onhover effects that semi turn the page ... but ... is also a button ...

and so on ...

a pretty good resource for tutorials ...
kirupa.com - Flash and ActionScript Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.