Merging 2 jquery scripts/plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irl_Designer

Hi all, I'm tinkering about with an idea for a mini local tourism site and would appreciate some advice on two particular jQuery scripts.
My HTML and CSS are improving nearly daily but this jQuery is new enough to me. Basically I have found two very useful plugins and would like to merge them into the one.

The first one is MapBox. Sorry but can't post links just yet, so google:
'wayfarerweb jquery plugins mapbox'

The second is the IKEA influenced interactive picture from the guys at buildinternet. Google:
'build internet jquery interactive picture'

I have tried sloppily combining the CSS, HTML and js from the two tutorials then cutting it back line by line until I reduce what isn't needed, but to no avail.
So any suggestions?

oliflorence

Merging 2 Jquery script is never going to be straight forward, unless you mean have the 2 scripts on the one page but not interacting with each other.
It sound however that you are trying to get a map with clickable points, in such case google api map would be better?

Irl_Designer

It sound however that you are trying to get a map with clickable points

You got it in one.

I have this idea (tho it may not work) where the user will zoom in on the map, and as they zoom further and further in - icons will appear (along the same lines as the interactive picture).

Once the user clicks on a point, a modal box will appear with further instructions/information/links.

Haven't researched it fully and I'm probably not giving the best explanation, but will have a look at Google Maps API.

Will mess about for another bit and post my attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.