Migrate Joomla site to Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zascar

I have a joomla site I'd like to relaunch. The content on there is fairly old but still gets traffic and I don't really want to get rid of it completely, would prefer to keep inbound links etc if possible.

Can you do a migration of content over to wordpress? Even a basic one to keep text, titles and photos would do, anything else is a bonus.

Doubt I'd have the experise to do this myself, might get a freelancer to do it.

Any advice appreciated
Cheers

Zascar

Thanks. I've now done this - the wordpress site is currently on a /new director but once I get it sorted I'll be killing the joomla site and just using the wordpress. The only thing is, I'm just not sure what to do with the old links from the joomla site. Obviously there are a lot of inbound links etc and the search engines will have indexed the site, when I switch to the new site none of these links will work. What is the best way around this?

Thanks

Byron

hmm you could manually redirect the most popular links and do the usual 404 thing of, we have a new website as you can see, blah, blah blah, here are some options

eamo

For your old links, use 301 redirects. This is what google advise and you don't lose any link juice. Why would you change from joomla to wordpress anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.