Mind Maps - anybody use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

Does anyone use mind maps for their day to day business tasks or relating to a website.

I've always used mind maps for planning on connecting pages between each other on a website, in conjunction with Dreamweaver MX back in the day. I also dabbled in them when i was learning the basocs of the good 'ol MySQL database.

In the last while, I've found myself using them more and more. Since I recently got FreeMind (an application for creating mindmaps), I've found myself even using them for recording finances and tracking client information, storing passwords, and plotting future jobs on the wall beside where i do the bulk of my work.

babyboy808

Yeah I use them every now and then, same software as yourself. I use them for generating new ideas and alot for planning content architecture.

jennyrusks

Yep, I use them all the time, for practically everything. I've tried a couple of mind map applications but always come back to pen and paper - really quick and easy.

The Tony Buzan mind map books are great for showing you how to improve your mind maps too.

nevf

The Tony Buzan mind map books are great for showing you how to improve your mind maps too.
Been meaning to get Buzans writings for a while now, and on that review, I might just go into town tomorrow and buy it... I've heard a lot of rave reviews about that book.
I use a commercial program called Mind Manager
That#s fecking expensive! $350? Even though, it does look like a brilliant app.
Yeah I use them every now and then, same software as yourself. I use them for generating new ideas and alot for planning content architecture.
I find them brilliant for generating new ideas. You're thinking about something, then your mind jumps onto another part of the mind map. You come back twenty minutes later and can begin expanding on that point again.

edit: That tony buzan guy, sure does a lotta lotta writing. http://www.play.com/Books/Books/6-/Search.html?searchstring=tony+buzan&searchtype=bookall&cpage=2 .

jaibin

I heard about this software. This software is the essence of simplicity. If you learn how to use it properly using shortcut keys, you will be able to map out huge projects without any downtime, and not even having too touch the mouse too often.

Busarus

That's very interesting - never used anything like this - but have downloaded Freemind now and will try it out for a few weeks - might prove to be a good way to track to-do-additions to the site as content comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.