Status
Not open for further replies.

osurdival

Hi,

Quick question...

Are there any negative effects in-terms of SEO or Ranking if you move hosting provider? Both are Irish companies.

My current hosting package is meant to be hosted in Ireland but within Firefox when I do a search for my website I can see the American flag that’s says it’s hosted in USA!
Thanks in advance...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using some kind of tool to tell you where the site is hosted?

Of course if you send me the web address via PM I can check it for you - I just don't trust a lot of the services out there that do these things...

In terms of SEO etc., unless you change the site's internal structure dramatically it shouldn't have any impact

HTH

Michele

osurdival

[FONT=&quot]I am totally T’d-off over that. They said on their website and I checked today “[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Irish sites need Irish IPs. A significant search engine optimization benefit!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I was thinking of changing hosting provider and now I’m defiantly going to.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I'll change to an host provider that host in Ireland with an IP address.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It will be interesting to see if my rankings do improve with an Irish IP server address[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

jmcc

No, i'm using no tools to tell me where the site it is hosted! The HP is hostIreland...

The web address is CSS Software Ireland - The Custom Software Development Company...

I will be changing nothing within the website!
From what I remember, HostIreland uses a subnet of a larger range of IPs. The subnet is designated as IE/Irish but the larger range is a US range. Most of the simple IP location programs use the delegated ranges lists which don't have the smaller subnet nationalities. So with the simple lookups, the site may appear as a US site but with the level of lookups that some search engines use, it may be picked up as an IE/Irish site. The fact that the site uses a .ie domain means that it would automatically be considered Irish and this may be of greater importance than the IP.

This is what you get when you do a whois on the IP range:
Rackspace.com, Ltd. RSCP-NET-4 (NET-67-192-0-0-1)
67.192.0.0 - 67.192.255.255
WR Computer Network Ltd RSPC-810659-121407 (NET-67-192-77-32-1)
67.192.77.32 - 67.192.77.47

The first range would be the larger one and it is a US range. The second one is an IE range:

CustName: WR Computer Network Ltd
Address: 18-19 College Green
City: Dublin 2
StateProv: IRELAND
PostalCode: 78229
RegDate: 2007-12-20
Updated: 2008-02-15

NetRange: 67.192.77.32 - 67.192.77.47
CIDR: 67.192.77.32/28
NetName: RSPC-810659-121407
NetHandle: NET-67-192-77-32-1
Parent: NET-67-192-0-0-1
NetType: Reassigned
Comment:
RegDate: 2007-12-20
Updated: 2008-02-15

Regards...jmcc

knowth

Host Ireland

I hosted one of my websites Newgrange Stone Age Passage Tomb - Boyne Valley, Ireland with Host Ireland because I wanted an Irish webserver. It was only when the site was up that I realised it was actually hosted in the US. Host Ireland now offer hosting on webservers in Ireland, so last week I transferred from their PAM (US sever) to there cPanel (Irish Server). Time will tell if it improves my traffic.
Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.