Movie Premiers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm considering heading over to LA for a few days in the New Year. Does anyone know how I could get tickets to a movie premiere??

It might be impossible, but I'd love to do it!

Redfly

According to seeing-stars.com:

"I often get asked how one can get tickets to these premieres. The answer is, you can't. Generally speaking, the public can't get tickets to movie premieres. But the good news is that you really don't need them.

The seats inside the theatres during premieres are reserved for the stars, the film makers, their friends and family and whoever they choose to invite. The rest of us mere mortals usually have to settle for standing outside, watching the stars as they arrive in their limos, say a few words, wave, and walk the red carpet into the theatre. But that can actually be a lot of fun, and it doesn't require tickets. (And actually, you probably have a better view of the stars in the bright lights outside than you would if you were inside the dim theatre.)

(They occasionally have charity premieres, where they will sell tickets to raise money for a cause, or radio promotions where DJs give away tickets as part of a contest, but those are rare.)"

Have you been to LA before? I paid a visit this past summer as part of my summer in the USA and to be honest, I drove from Seattle down to San Diego and LA was the worst place I have been.In fact, I would say it is the worst place I have ever been in my life. I don't mean to you off, but the tourist stuff takes about 4 hours, then most people are ready to leave. I know me and my crew were.

Status
Not open for further replies.