Moving to Ireland conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

emer

Hi all

We are moving to Ireland in a few weeks, and have been living in the UK for the last 13 years. So I'm a bit out of touch with the realities of the internet/broadband in Ireland.

We are moving to Oldtown, North County Dublin, which someone on another forum said is like the third world of broadband in Ireland.

Would anyone be able to recommend our best option for connectivity, please? I will be working from home, operating mostly via email, sending presentations, etc., and of course procrastinating on Facebook a lot.

My husband is gutted - he was dying to get a SmartTV which now seems pointless as there is no broadband in the area (form what we can see).

Can anyone enlighten me at all? I'm finding it very hard to find information I can trust, as most website I have found seem to be really out of date, etc.

Thanks, emer.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'd recommend contacting the various broadband companies to see what service(s) they offer in the area
For DSL, for example, they *should* be able to tell you based on either the full address or the phone number

Status
Not open for further replies.