MS SQL Web Interfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you develop using MS SQL, I was wondering which web interfaces you'd tried and what you thought of them

3rigena

tried phpmyadmin and jspmyadmin, both were okay.

louie

I used MS Access localy to do my work in MS SQL when I had the website using it.
I still miss some of the futures MS SQL has compare to MySQL.

davidbehan

Programs I use for managing MS SQL databases:

Enterprise Manager - Building Database, Views, Stored Procedures, etc.
MS Access (adp file) - access tables and for copying and pasting data
Web Interfaces - played with myLittleTools, web-based tools for SQL Server professionals and asp.net enterprise manager. Grand for looking at database and making small changes but neither compares to Enterprise Manager. Although, mylittletools has a new version since I last used it and it looks quite neat I must say.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Programs I use for managing MS SQL databases:

Enterprise Manager - Building Database, Views, Stored Procedures, etc.
MS Access (adp file) - access tables and for copying and pasting data
Web Interfaces - played with myLittleTools, web-based tools for SQL Server professionals and asp.net enterprise manager. Grand for looking at database and making small changes but neither compares to Enterprise Manager. Although, mylittletools has a new version since I last used it and it looks quite neat I must say.

What are the weaknesses / strengths of mylittleadmin?

davidbehan

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't know the list. But basically it's what's the weaknesses / strengths of a web based application over a local application? As far as a web based products for managing mssql databases, I'd consider mylittleadmin as being on top. I like the interface, especially the new one. Although, I've never purchased the product or used it in place of enterprise manager so I wouldn't be the best person to review it. Sorry about that! :D

louie

SQl server is very strong in security, and when used with a web interface, if not configured right, could give a lot of trouble, while using Enteprise Manager locally doesn't. I used mostly MS Access to do most of the stuff on the server, while using Enteprise manager to create and verify the store procedures. I really miss MS SQL.

TheMenace

I use the incumbent MSSQL 2005 Remote Access manager. It's essentially Enterprise Manager but with much better import tools. Quite nifty but not as user-friendly or efficient as PHPMyAdmin for mySQL.

davidbehan

Have you? Didn't know that! Let me know where and I'll have a play with it and give a good/proper review as I'll be playing with my own databases! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.