Status
Not open for further replies.

osurdival

I submitted my site Custom Software to DMOZ almost a year ago and it’s still not showing up in the directory. I’m sure I submitted it to the correct category. I did read if you re-submitted your website that it goes back to the beginning of the pile!
Has anyone got any ideas…

MickyWall

IMHO if it gets accepted then all well and good, if not forget about it and move on. DMOZ certainly won't make or break any site.

How many referrals does it send? for most sites absolutely zero.
Most sites are buried in deep categories, pages with little PR.

jonathanthomas

I've never been able to get anything in DMOZ and I work in SEO for a living. The problem is that it's run by people and they take forever to do anything. I wouldn't waste your time with link directories anyway, it's only a matter of time before Google starts ignoring them all together as they are just spam factories. Concentrate on 'juicy' links from trusted and related sites.

MickyWall

Jonathan, that's a bit of a sweeping statement and dismissive.

There are plenty of directories that haven't been just set up just to pass page rank and anchor text relevancy.

There are good quality directories out there that drive traffic and increase rankings, many of these directories are niche and regional.

Vertuboutique

Listing at DMOZ is not a simple task. Dmoz also take long time in listing, so according to me you have to try to list your site in other good web directories.

stephen186

You would be lucky to get listed in DMOZ if you were to. I heard it takes ages to get listed in DMOZ. It does not suprise me that you have waited for more than a year as many webmasters have gone through the same thing, i hope DMOZ does something about this to expedite the entire process, and i really hope that your blog gets submitted in their directory. Good luck:)

roezer

This is Normal

I just seen a thread in Digital Point Yesterday where Someone Said thy Finally got Listed after 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.