Need some help with Link Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennyrusks

Hi guys

I'm looking for some help. On my main blog Laughing Lion Design : Web, Blog and Graphic Design, Ireland. Photoshop and Design Tutorials and Resources , when I link to someone either through a post or from the blogroll sidebar widget - the people/blogs I'm linking to "ain't gettin' no link love". There is no link turning up in their dashboard letting people know I'm linking to them.

I'm using wordpress 2.5 (and I think MAYBE the link love stopped when I upgraded, but I'm not sure). I have a dofollow plugin set up for comments.

Has anyone had this problem or can someone give me a hand? Any help much appreciated.

thanks

Jennifer

Gavin

Hi Jenny,

As far as I know 2.5 looks at Google Blogsearch to show the links. Could it be related to that?

I see the same thing for my own blog.

paul

Ninja
you links look okay,
Code:
<p><a href="http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/gates/" onclick="javascript:urchinTracker('/outbound/officeofstrategicinfluence.com/gates/?ref=/');">The Gates of Hell</a></p>
on “Oh God, I hope the car doesn’t break down now” photography : Laughing Lion Design : Web, Blog and Graphic Design, Ireland. Photoshop and Design Tutorials and Resources
do you have an example ?

edit : also you should upgrade to 2.5.1 http://ocaoimh.ie/2008/06/08/did-your-wordpress-site-get-hacked/

louie

check the source code and make sure the rel="nofollow" tag is not there.
If the post is fresh (few days old), give it some time as it needs to get some trust from SE.

jennyrusks

Thanks for the reply guys. I had a look in Blog Search and it's got my latest post (from this morning), so it's picking up my blog anyway.

Do you think that the onclick="javascript .... " in the link below could be affecting it? That's coming from the sidebar widget.

Code:
<p><a href="http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/gates/" onclick="javascript:urchinTracker('/outbound/officeofstrategicinfluence.com/gates/?ref=/');">The Gates of Hell</a></p>
I will upgrade to 2.51 Paul, thanks for the tip.

A recent example was a post I did about my own personal site - I linked to the site (which is also a wordpress setup) but there was no sign of it in the dashboard, even though I do have links from other people appearing in the dashboard of the personal site.

It's a bit of a mystery...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The links you're talking about are a Wordpress specific take on the trackback protocol. The dashboard polls technorati for the data, so unless technorati is aware of your blog I doubt if much will appear there ...

By default wordpress does all sorts of silly things with links in comments etc., but you might be able to fix it if you poke around

jennyrusks

I'll try clicking on them all on the sidebar and see if there's any joy. The strange thing is that I know this was working fine a while ago and it seems that links I've added recently it's ignoring.

The blog is in technorati but it's registering the last ping as being 4 days ago. I'll have a bit more of a poke around as you suggested. I may even stand over the laptop with my hands on my hips looking displeased and see what happens.

Thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.