Need to build simple gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zascar

Right, I have a directory of about 250 photos. I want to build a gallery of these photos, but I don't what thumbnails, I just want them all posted directly on the page, one underneath another. As their is 250 of them, maybe 20 to a page and page numbers at the bottom. I don't really need anything fancy - but can't be assed doing it in html

What is the easiest way to do this does anyone know?
Cheers

louie

do you know php?

if yes have a look into
PHP:
 opendir('folder_name');

n3tFl0w

plogger. Really really simple. handy if your thinking about hosting the images on your server.

But then again - I haven't used plogger for a while but it was really good back in the day.

P.S. alot of gallery questions around these parts today...

byronyasgur

cant seem to find a gallery that i like that uses lightbox - i mean with multiple folders (and one thats pretty well laid out to begin with) ... anyone ??

jennyrusks

If you know some flash, this is really nice

SlideShowPro / Examples / Keep it simple

You'll see in the link that there are several different types of gallery that you can create - the one above is the simplest and might be what you're looking for.

It's based on a flash component and is fairly hand to put together. I'm using it on a couple of projects at the moment (nothing complete yet to show you, sorry) but so far I think it's great.

It costs 29 dollars.

byronyasgur

nice piece of kit - i dont think it does multiple folders which i need but i can think of tons of other uses - did you see the form example

i found this afterwards - PhotoStack About can give a lightbox effect apparantly too

Verrry

I have been making a photo gallery myself recently and I have found a good solution. I consider photography templates from Flashmint quite convenient and usable in terms of a nice presentation and arrangement of photos.
I have read your post and I thought you, Zascar, might benefit from this.

Zascar

Thanks - loads of good links there guys. I ended up using something quite simple, but delighted to heart about some of the very impressive flash galleries etc.
Cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.