Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

Hi, I'm not a developer so I can't tell you much technically, so I will post a couple of 'functionality' things I noticed..

What I like:
Site colours, graphics and layout. I'm not even interested in the topic (that was years ago..) but it still feels comfortable to me as a visitor.

However:

The icon in the URL line looks nice but it seems off topic.

It does seem a little wordy on each page. A friend of mine always tells me to 'sell the sizzle' and I think that's what you have to do. There is a lot of text on there and I think it is listing features rather than benefits.

I found that you have a competition running for new registrations somewhere on a secondary page. If you want to promote this I would put it in a big window on the front page. I think competitions are a good tool to 'drive' people to do something.

You have 5 services listed as packaged products at the bottom of the page, you may like to reduce this to 3 if possible, if you give people too many options they can sometimes dither and then flake out for lack of a choice.

The flash graphic looks great and nice pics, however it misses a 'call to action' there is one picture that says 'Feel like Bridezilla? join our forum and relax' this is good because it identifies something that potential visitors have - a fear of being a monster bride, and then gives them direction on what to do - join the forum and relax (a benefit rather than feature) although, wouldn't this be a better opportunity to direct them to your services rather than the forum? unless it's the forum that you are actually selling?

Your keywords and description meta tag could probably use some work.

On the whole though, I like the site and am going to use it in future to reference some good ideas from.

Congrats on getting launched and it would be great to hear some updates in the future.

G

perfectwedding

Dear Geoff

Thank you so much for your reply. When you say that the topic is ...year's ago,do you mean that there are too many of these sites?

It is a bit wordy and I am going to change that.

Thanks for all your help.

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
What is Joomla?

It is the CMS used to power your website - Joomla

Did you pay someone for this? Do you feel you were over charged or just looking to snag the site?

Oh and I think Geoff means his wedding was years ago.

HTML:
<title>Perfect Weddings - Home</title>
<meta name="description" content="Perfect Weddings" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Perfect Weddings" />
<meta name="Generator" content="Joomla! - Copyright (C) 2005 - 2006 Open Source Matters. All rights reserved." />

paul

Ninja
I hope you didn't pay them extra to implement the CMS.
In my mind "the perfect wedding" should be simple and straight forward, if you think so too, then your site should kind of reflect this. It doesn't seem so calm. IMHO.
I don't like when the ads to your products (advertising etc) open in a new window.

Geoff

Dear Geoff

Thank you so much for your reply. When you say that the topic is ...year's ago,do you mean that there are too many of these sites?

It is a bit wordy and I am going to change that.

Thanks for all your help.

Yep Frodo is right, I was married 10 happy years ago. Don't try and upsell me a 'repeating vows' service ok? :)

matt-dublin

i get the feeling that the advertisements at the top of your page take away from your own site content. and your rotating banner is moving too quickly, in fact i would change it to a rotating image everytime the page loads instead of what u have.

Also reduce the text on your front page, i looked at it, and said srew that, way too much to read.

You've only got about 10 to 15 seconds of a users interest before they'll move onto the next website in google.

speed_ie

Snagging the site is like snagging a new house. Checking all aspects of it to see any design / structural flaws (broken links / forms / bad coding etc)

perfectwedding

Dear Paul and Caminowebmaster

What would you advise to make the site more calm? How should the advertisements open?

What should we do with the URL's

This site is great. Keep the comments coming.

Thanks!

caminowebmaster

This is one of your urls "http://www.perfectwedding.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26" search engines don't like these much, (note all the variables after index.php), which is fine as it can be changed. The reason for this is to be found easier for free traffic from the SE, every little bit helps and you are in a highly competitive area.

you need to change the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess - go look up Joomla help and it will explain. It will then change the url. Once done it still won't be not too great, but much better than is. There are some plugins and hacks out there that can change what Joomla does also, however I don't know where to get one at this moment, maybe someone who uses J on a regular basis can help with this???

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.