Status
Not open for further replies.

link8r

I didn't see your new post but I had taken a look at your site to see how it had progressed earlier.

It's different - its not bad.

link8r

That said - I really don't agree with a lot that is said on the site

I've suggested many times that a lot of people start SEO blogs/websites just to build traffic - whether or not any of it is even wildly accurate. Anyone can setup 10 websites or get 10 clients and call themselves an experienced SEO or website designer or internet marketeer. But from where I'm standing, anyone with a rounded experience of internet marketing would be a lot further along.

Most of the time its regurgitated from other similar low quality content sites by people who are often just looking to start a new career or looking to have an income they can generate from home. It's easy to spot - a year later, they still have no/low PageRank, they all sound 90% similar, they all call it the secrets that "SEO's don't want you to know". It's a bit like those "Secrets the banks don't want you to know - how to make €10million in 10 minutes" type sites that have been there for years too, albeit somewhat on the decline ( I think I'm seeing less of them for whatever reason)

I cringe when I see so called "SEO secrets" being bandied about on the web (blog/twitter/linkedin) - its more often than not keyword-centric and out of date by a decade. Its not only a crying shame but its detrimental to web designers and other professionals who then have to deal with clients who read these and then think they know whats going on.

It's all rather straightforward: SEO is a strategy, not a checklist. Most people who are competent at SEO don't call it SEO.

By suggesting that SEO is using H tags, keywords, descriptions, text-keyword ratio's is just reverse engineering gone badly wrong. Many successful sites have these but what is seen is often a symptom of a really great strategy rather than the basis for it.

Put in a light hearted manner - its a bit like drawing two parallel tracks in the ground and making a loud noise and saying that you've just seen a car go by - sure -you've got all the elements but you're really missing the key component - the car.

gospel1

Thank you for your lengthy reply.

I have never claimed to be a SEO expert. The site itself is based on my own experience of a product I have purchased and am currently using. Yes, I am promoting the product because I believe in it. All the written content on the site is my own and not taken from any other site. If promoting something that I believe in and can see the benefits that others would gain from using that product is an issue, I rest my case.

IPAlarms

I like the design of the site but I couldn't figure out who your intended audience is. What is the product that you are promoting ?

link8r

I have never claimed to be a SEO expert. Yes, I am promoting the product because I believe in it. All the written content on the site is my own and not taken from any other site. If promoting something that I believe in and can see the benefits that others would gain from using that product is an issue, I rest my case.

How contradictory is that statement?

gospel1

I like the design of the site but I couldn't figure out who your intended audience is. What is the product that you are promoting ?

Thank you for your interest in my site.

The intended audience of seonoproblem.com are individuals like me looking for ideas on how to use SEO efficiently and effectively. I am not a SEO expert and have never claimed to be but have come across a software package which I am currently using that gives me direction to improve my SEO knowledge base and skills.

Many of us have a general knowledge of what SEO is about, but knowing where to start and what to do can be very confusing to individuals like me who has no formal training in this area.

The site itself is very SEO orient with added interactive SEO tools to help individuals identify possible problematic areas within their own websites.

The software I am promoting is available in three formats as a

free download
standard version
business version

Obviously you will be limited with functionality with the free download, but it is a great starter that gives you a great idea of how the software works.

I have opted for the business version having moved from the free download to the standard and eventually to the business version.

The standard version works exactly the same as the business version with the main difference being the number of Websites you can use it with. There is a limit of five with the standard version with no limit with the business version.

If you would like to try the free version, please use the following link

Download IBP: website promotion and SEO software

For your free SEO ebook – Successful Search Engine Marketing, please use the following link

Free SEO Book

This is a 160 page exceptional quality ebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.