New site: sitesforsale.ie

Status
Not open for further replies.

fieldcorbett

Nice clean site, liked it.

But theres no point in just saying that, so heres me being really picky:
* Missing email.jpg on front page
* Sometimes the email address textbox come out over the edge of the login box (FireFox 1.07 on XP) - refresh seems to clear it though
* Not enough contrast between Login Box and Latest Site backrounds and text - also maybe too many colours?
* Took me a while to notice your top menu
* Make logo clickable to get to homepage

Promised I'd stop harping about standards so I wont mention validation ;)

now if only someone would review my site - drivesafe.ie
des

paulocon

des,

Excellent and thanks very much for that.
Exactly what I was looking for...

Had a look at drivesafe.ie. Excellent clean site - easy to navigate and well laid out. Can't honestly see anything wrong with it (sorry!)....

Once more, many thanks for your help. If only I could get listed in Google now!

louie

paulocon said:
Ok,

Please take it easy on me - let me know what you all think of www.sitesforsale.ie

Just launched. Not showing up in Google yet though - have links from some other sites I've done..

Nice very nice.

The right hand box (table) too wide. 150px should be enough.
Also you are using tables all over. you can cut down the page code in half by using divs. Search engines has a lot less to read before they get to the important content.
Also you don't use a stylesheet - Why?

you get this error if you just click on the login button:

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jyourclu/public_html/sitesforsale/mysites.php on line 90

make use a javascript to clear the box onclick or have the button disabled if nothing is typed in. Leave them blank

Forgotpassword page - can not be found.

on the site page have the images floating right and wrap the text arround it. Look better and you don't have to scroll that much to get to them. Put the Enquire about this site form in a hidden div at the top and make a link onclick showdiv

Just few of my points.

louie

fieldcorbett said:
now if only someone would review my site - drivesafe.ie
des

Simple and to the point. You are using divs but there is still something wrong with the stylesheet settings, cause your text breaks apart as well if you go to view -> Text size -> Larger

fieldcorbett

Thanks for the feedback.

louie - I'm not seeing that can you let me know OS & browser?

I am seeing the menu bar not 'growing' when I increase size in FireFox - is that what you mean?

BTW - I've never been able to make a site that does all sizes - I try and get larger to work but usually stop there. Sooner or later the text outgrows the divs. I've noticed most other sites do the same - anyone know a best practice around this?

louie

fieldcorbett said:
Thanks for the feedback.

louie - I'm not seeing that can you let me know OS & browser?

I am seeing the menu bar not 'growing' when I increase size in FireFox - is that what you mean?

BTW - I've never been able to make a site that does all sizes - I try and get larger to work but usually stop there. Sooner or later the text outgrows the divs. I've noticed most other sites do the same - anyone know a best practice around this?
I am using IE6-XP Pro
In FireFox go to View -> Text Size - > Ctrl ++

there is a way by setting the text size to a fix value in the css file:

body {
font-family: "Trebuchet MS",arial,sans-serif;
font-size: 12px; /*75%; not percentage*/
}

paulocon

Hi all,

Many thanks for the feedback..
Hadn't come across the mysql error until now - thanks for that..

Have never got into the habit of using divs - always used tables for some reason - must look into using divs..

What are all your views on validation?

Once more, thanks for the help..

louie

that will be a long subject. We already have talked about it in this forum.
Is good if you can make it validate.

Status
Not open for further replies.