Newbie - What sort of hosting should I be looking for?

Advert test
Hey, I'm trying to set up a website and email hosting for someone, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

They have a domain and email hosting with Cobweb. They've got a few email addresses set up, I'm just wondering if they should change to someone else, for 3 email addresses its costing over €70 a month. I think this is pure email hosting, not web hosting. Plus it's around £7 per email address per month.

It just seems a little high, I've set up a site for myself with digiweb before, they offer web hosting with 50-250 email addresses for €20-€40 per year...

Am I missing something? Could anyone recommend something else?

Thanks!

Forbairt

Portfolio Building
I'm going to be biased on this ... I'm hosting most of my stuff with Blacknight.com

For dedicated email exchange type stuff you'd be looking at a 10% the price of that roughly I think :eek:

Really depends on what your customers exact requirements are in regards email ... if they are comfortable with shared hosting .. or require dedicated

eamo

Definitely can do better than that. I have 11 months cpanel hosting that I never use. PM me if you want it - will be very cheap.

I'd advise that you get an idea of the type of site that your going to be running. Because if its a simple WordPress site, you don't wanna be spending too much or even anything at all for that matter as you can just do that on a bunch of blogging sites. I'd save your money and put it into a domain then point. However, see if you can find something in your country, preferably locally, because someone might have a decent deal for you. Or you could always tell them you'll just look on the net for a lower package and see if they drop their rate ;)