Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like .ME could be a future hot domain??:confused:
I have bought some even they do cost nearly $20:(.
Any other bought some for websites or Investing?

They have had world record sales in new registrations of .me domains
plus just sold for over 2 $Million me domains on a auction.

Apple has filed multiple domain name registrations for the .me domain

Applicants include tech industry leaders such as Apple -which registered apple.me, ipod.me and itunes.me - as well as Microsoft, Skype and Digg. Other multinationals that have registered .me names include MTV and BMW.

"The .me extension gives every company on the planet the opportunity to personalize their brands...and make them more relevant to today's Internet-savvy teens," says Roland LaPlante, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Afilias. "Companies should be registering .Me names not just from an intellectual property protection standpoint, but
because there is so much business opportunity to personalise products."

.Me can offer a new business around domain names with verbs," Lesic says, such as drive.me or fly.me, date.me, kiss.me, lasvegas.me, youand.me. "This is the start of a new opportunity on the internet."

.Me's appeal is more immediate and a lot more obvious to people...It should sell well into the millions.

There some interesting articles on google news:
news.google.ca/news?hl=en&tab=wn&ned=ca&q=me+domains

nevf

.Me can offer a new business around domain names with verbs," Lesic says, such as drive.me or fly.me, date.me, kiss.me, lasvegas.me, youand.me. "This is the start of a new opportunity on the internet."
most of these were reserved, besides the odd one or two good ones. I recall one IWF regular got a brilliant .me domain, but the reserved list was massive.

.Me's appeal is more immediate and a lot more obvious to people...It should sell well into the millions.
meh, it's nice but .me will only go with words in the dictionary, and there has been a huge scramble for these since they came out. There will few new registrations, but merely a huge marketplace for buying and selling overpriced domains.

Cormac

I tried for a few .me domains but godaddy muddled up their registration process. I lost out on perfu.me volu.me and a few others :(

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The value of any TLD will only be determined by the volume of actual usage.

A lot of people will have grabbed catchy names, but unless people build out useful services with them I can't see how it will gain in value

Having said that I definitely think there is a good space for personal .me sites ie. for blogs and personal stuff

The value of any TLD will only be determined by the volume of actual usage.

A lot of people will have grabbed catchy names, but unless people build out useful services with them I can't see how it will gain in value

Having said that I definitely think there is a good space for personal .me sites ie. for blogs and personal stuff

Yes we will see how many sites that come up running
Building a couple my self.;)

I do like that .Me means the same in English as in Spanish
and very easy to remember.

garycocs

What .me's do people own?

Got my hands on wouldyoukiss.me and willyoukiss.me

It's true though, would be interesting to see what people do with the sites first before we see how valuable they really are!

What .me's do people own?

Got my hands on wouldyoukiss.me and willyoukiss.me
quote]
Nice ones!;)

I just buy some more .me for some sites and also few as hopefuly a good investment;)
INTERNETDATE.ME
PERSONALCOMPUTER.ME
INVESTMONEYFOR.ME
PCBANKING.ME
GOLFSHOPPING.ME

I also read all the premium .dot Me are up for auction this week - should also help make them even more popular.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.