Status
Not open for further replies.

garycocs

Hi Lads,

One of my buddies mothers has a place in nice, she's not getting any rental for it at the moment, sleepless nights, costing her a lot of money etc.

He asked me if I could do something, so first thing is looking at where she has the appartment advertised = Nice Holiday villas. Holiday villas in Nice, France ? holiday rentals direct from the owner

The appartment is on page 7 or 8 of the damn thing, I have contaced the site to see how they decide what page the add appears on, as it is not alphabetical but I'm still waiting for a response.

The next thing I'm looking at is putting a basic site together for her with some seo, it's ANOTHER freebie so I'm basically going to get an oswd.org and go from there.

Thinking SEO, I've seen myself that searchname.com helps a load in SEO, unfortunately niceapartments.com is gone and so is nice-apartments.com so I was thinking of getting the .org would that help the seo at all since it's a .org? Would I be better going for the .eu? Or both?? How does it work with google ranking if you have .org .eu and .ie all pointing at the same site?

I'm going to work on getting the .ie for them anyway, she doesn't have a business name so I'll have to write a letter of some kind to the iedr.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
To get the IE domain she would need a registered business, as the domain is going to be used for a business.

What about the EU domain?

garycocs

Well the way I got the ratemypub.ie was saying me and my friends wanted it for the laugh like (Technically still true cause I'm not making a damn dime off it) so was thinking of chancing my arm with the same one for this!

the .eu for niceapartments etc is gone, does it matter much in SEO if there's a dash? nice-apartments.eu etc??

mckaysoftware

EU domain name

In my experience, the eu domain name is difficult to obtain, unless they have relaxed the rules. My view is that if you dont qualify for an ie name, then u will hardly qualify for a eu name.
Did you google terms like french aparments nice ?

mckaysoftware

EU address

When I registered mine, they insisted that I show evidence that I own the rights to mckaysoftware - even though the company is McKay Software Services and I have mckaysoftware .ie .com etc. But this was back in the sunrise period.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
But this was back in the sunrise period.
The sunrise period is specifically for holders or prior rights. It is not the general registration period

We registered blacknight.asia during the sunrise for example and will be requesting similar domain names for the dotTel sunrise as well

garycocs

Ya blacknight is listed as a supplier of .eu's Heard they were dodgy :D

Are you rich blacknight and if so can I have some money :D

Status
Not open for further replies.