Not Indexed by Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach_bum

Hello all, first time poster here.
I am having a problem with Google search results and everywhere Ive looked for a solution I seem to get the same answers and am going around in circles. Hoping someone can help me.

I've just finished a website for a friend of mine, however the website is not featuring in the Google search results. I've added the website with the google 'add url' feature. I have meta tags in place, I have plenty of external and internal links, I have added the website to both browseireland and searchireland, I hjave submitted it to a number of other directories, I have no broken links, I have included a sitemap and submitterd this to google too.

The website is not featuring at all in the search- I dont think its even been indexed- if I google site:(siteurl) it returns no documents. I understand that it takes time for google to crawl the website, however I don't understand whats going on because I have done two other websites in the past- 1 I also registered with google over 18months agoand is still not in the google index- the other I never registered with google as it showed up in the search results straight away.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure I outlined the problem clearly. The website I have launched is for a friends new business and understandably he wants it to feature in a google search, Ive told him that theres only so much I can do and it takes time but I myself cant understand how a website Ive done before, never registered with google is featuring no problem.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

beach_bum

thanks for replys so far.

Have checked google tools already with no joy. When I go into the overview page of the webite it says under Index Status that "No pages from your site are currently included in Google's index. Indexing can take time. You may find it helpful to review our information for webmasters and webmaster guidelines." I have done this and again no joy.
Also when I look at the statisics they say "Data is not available at this time."

Blacknight can you elaborate on the logos issue. The logo for the company is 100% original- I dont know if thats what you mean?

Galteraprianne how do you mean optimise it? In what ways?- I have keywords throughout the text on the pages and have met tags in place also. Also plenty of internal and external links. Can I do more?

Would it be of any help if I gave you the sites URL?

Thanks again.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Every time a person or a bot accesses your site the server logs the activity. You can see from the logs what is actually going on in terms of search engine bots etc. etc.,

beach_bum

thanks- how do I access these logs? Is it through the google webmaster tools or do I go through the hosting company!? Sorry if these are stupid questions! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.