Number of acceptable posts / day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
What are peoples views on the number of acceptable posts on a personal blog ? or do people see their being one ?

I'm just wondering if google would see it as spam or not if you were posting thoughts on this that and the other during the day ?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Post as often as you have something meaningful to say :)

The problem I have with some of the bigger technology blogs, like Techcrunch, is that the volume of content is simply too high.

Darren Rowse, for example, puts out posts every 6 hours on average. Scheduled posts are the solution :)

Forbairt

Post as often as you have something meaningful to say :)

A number of posts I want to make are related to web development tips ... no if you're following my blog then it might get annoying ... if you're not ... then it could be a handy place to find the answer to a problem like my wampserver and movable one type was quite handy to a lot of people

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm always amazed at how some of my older posts get search engine traffic years later.

The Walsho

Ideally, once a day. I think this is very difficult though, and I'd prefer to maintain a high standard in my posts rather than dilute quality for the sake of keeping up a ratio of posts/day.
Blacknight got it spot on when he said "Post as often as you have something meaningful to say". At the moment it has been six days since my last blog post, which is quite a long period for me, but I haven't had anything interesting come to mind to write about, so I'm not going to force it. And my last post went down very well, so I don't mind leaving it there for a little longer than usual.

Forbairt

At the moment I've a lot of things I've wanted to post ... just haven' had the time between the redesign ... and lots of little bits and bobs I seem to be doing.

Ah ... I'll get there :) .. one thing at a time ...

One or two of my older posts still bring in a nice little bit of traffic ... which is quite cool. I guess the more .. useful posts I make the heavier my traffic will get. Need to do more networking as well ...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't take that much time to do a short post :)

Longer, more detailed posts take time of course, but if you have time to post to a forum you have time to post to a blog :)

(there's logic in there somewhere!)

Forbairt

It doesn't take that much time to do a short post :)

Longer, more detailed posts take time of course, but if you have time to post to a forum you have time to post to a blog :)

(there's logic in there somewhere!)

Yeah ... only forum posts are kinda my ... break from work for a few minutes ...

Blog posts ... are more ... (well at the moment) me trying to get some work thoughts down ... which at the moment may require some image work as well.

I have thought about the 1000+ posts I've done here and how I could have added them to blogs :p ... there has been some gold in my posts before. .. (some complete and utter ****e too I might add) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.