Official - G widens "pages from" net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glengara

I hope it has more to do with ad targeting, if it's is an easy pass into "pages from" results there'll be a sub-domain explosion....

RedCardinal

Only thing I don't like is that I can see no official announcement about this. I know that Vanessa Fox was the product manager for sitemaps while she was at Google, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to test out some of this for subdomains/subfolders until I hear that it works...

glengara

Post from a Googler in G groups would appear to confirm it's Kosher, though the details do need fleshing out...

louie

It seems that if you have a .ie domain, it wouldn't let you set the geographical location at all.

If you still try to set it as Ireland, it doesn't let you pass the Zip form field.
I don't know about sub-domains, but it seems that directories are considered part of the main domain tld. I could be wrong...

RedCardinal

It seems that if you have a .ie domain, it wouldn't let you set the geographical location at all.

If you still try to set it as Ireland, it doesn't let you pass the Zip form field.
I don't know about sub-domains, but it seems that directories are considered part of the main domain tld. I could be wrong...
It's only available for non-geographic TLD. cTLD are not able to use this function apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.