Online advertising from mainstream agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam06

Hi all,
I need a bit of help here please.
I have a travel site about Ireland that attracts in excess of 100,000 unique visitors a month. The only way it is monetized at the moment is with Google Adsense. What sort of traffic do you need to have for to attract advertising from mainstream Irish advertising agencies or what is the best route to go to source other revenue streams. I have no wish to employ people or call centres.

Appreciate the advice :):)

Redfly

It will depend on a lot of things. The content on your site for example and what part of the "buying cycle" your visitors are in.

So let's use this as an example. You're visitors may be reading reviews or searching fro B&B deals on your site or they may be reading dirty Limericks about Irish travel. Which do you think will be better eyeballs for the advertiser?

If you shared your site, we may be able to better advise. But without knowing what it is, all I can advise is to try everything and test test test.

Dave

sam06

Thanks Dave.
No secret about the site. It is a travel information site about Ireland. I call it an information only site, i.e. we don't offer function to purchase goods or services. Look Around Ireland is the site name. Cannot give full URL because I don't have enough of posts
Would appreciate a review very much.
Regards
Sam:)

tomed

As Dave says, a lot will depend on the quality and relevance of content. But to be honest, if you want to sell advertising, that's what you need to do.... sell it.

Dara

Hi all,
I need a bit of help here please.
I have a travel site about Ireland that attracts in excess of 100,000 unique visitors a month. The only way it is monetized at the moment is with Google Adsense. What sort of traffic do you need to have for to attract advertising from mainstream Irish advertising agencies or what is the best route to go to source other revenue streams. I have no wish to employ people or call centres.

Appreciate the advice :):)
Are you sure you have your figures correct because 100,000 unique visitors per month places you as one of the busiest Irish sites online which I'm surprised at as I've never come across your site before?

If you are getting that volume of traffic (which I doubt) then you could consider using some good affiliate partners to sell accommodation, car rental, Irish gifts etc.. Average conversion is about 1% so that could equate to 1000 sales a month which again is massively high in my opinion.

There are also a number of advertising agencies that deal with high trafficed sites for their clients like Electric Media Sales which I think deals with advertising on the likes of DoneDeal.ie

If you are getting that traffic then time to make some serious money with it!

Redfly

I agree with Dara.
You might want to test out as many affiliate/lead gen offers on relevant pages.

Also, are you sure that you're counting 100,000 unique visitors and not pageviews or "hits" ?

offloadit

Tradedoubler.com has a lot of irish travel affiliate programmes incl. both flights and hotels. If you can direct even a small percentage of your 100,000 visitors to any of these affiliate programmes you'll be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.