Status
Not open for further replies.

Packet

hello folks

I am looking for a bird, just kidding. I am working on setting up a free dating site, romance.ie so am checking out our compeditors at the moment. I have been looking at the likes of Maybe**....., is that the biggest out there any other ones you are aware of that are worth a look?

georgiecasey

Well, in the Irish market I think it is. There's another one run by Esat as well that's a lot of members. I tried to start one a few years back but it didn't happen. It was free but no-one joined. If I was doing it now I'd sign up for anotherfriend.com and scrape all the members for my site. Could get a legal letter though. Good domain name.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Great domain name!

There are several fairly big ones in the Irish market at present and I think anotherfriend seems to have the largest footprint of the Irish ones...

We've had a few clients set up dating sites over the last couple of years, but as far as I can tell none of them have met with that much success.

When it comes down to it you need to have a really good marketing plan to be able to take on the established brands

Packet

Fantastic thanks for the tips folks, will check out anotherfriend, any idea the name of that esat one?

Ciade

Packet

Hi, its a fairly congested market.

I am promoting a new dating website myself called
WWW.YESNOMAYB.IE

Aye I can see that, however they said the same about my Clubbing site, and in less than 3 months we have over 460 active members on our forums, and are ranked #1 on google for the term "clubbing" (can differ at times, however its always a top ranking). Also getting 20k visitors a month which cant be knocked for a new site. I am up for the challange of online dating.

Redfly

Aye I can see that, however they said the same about my Clubbing site, and in less than 3 months we have over 460 active members on our forums, and are ranked #1 on google for the term "clubbing" (can differ at times, however its always a top ranking). Also getting 20k visitors a month which cant be knocked for a new site. I am up for the challange of online dating.

Not on the google.COM DCs ;)
And number 2 on google.ie for me.

Anyway, now that you have a lot of work ahead with romaince.ie, I would take the adultfriendfinder approach. Create a LOT of female profiles and use them to communicate with your users. It's sick and deceptive, but it works for them.

Packet

Not on the google.COM DCs ;)
Anyway, now that you have a lot of work ahead with romaince.ie, I would take the adultfriendfinder approach. Create a LOT of female profiles and use them to communicate with your users. It's sick and deceptive, but it works for them.

haha :) nice

Status
Not open for further replies.