Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

- pagerank is not about volume of inlinks anymore- it's about quality and context.(perhaps this has always been the case - in the long run at least)
I very much doubt that - pagerank has never had qualitative or contextual elements in its formulation. Ranking is a different matter. PR has always been about the volume of links and the PR passed through those links.

Most likely what you are seeing is Google actually turning off certain pages ability to pass juice. Toolbar PR will still show but effectively those pages are PR0.
google has seemingly ignored a lot of young / newish (yet indexed, cached and well-linked) sites in this update - any theories why?
PR-wise? PR does not come from the fact that you are either indexed or cached (although being indexed is a necessity for having PR). You have to look to make sure that the linking pages are indexed.

New sites ~= new links => more likely that those new links haven't been picked up yet.

Banana Man

I have a site that got thousand of inlinks from pr5 related content sites but they are mostly sitewide inlinks with about 4-5 sites making up most of the links. My serps have improved alot over the last 3 months but my homepage pr has remained at 3 :mad: even though most of the inner pages increased to pr3's. It seems to me sitewides are not worth much anymore and in fact may harm pr instead of helping it.

Thought?

RedCardinal

I have a site that got thousand of inlinks from pr5 related content sites but they are mostly sitewide inlinks with about 4-5 sites making up most of the links.
You need to diversify your links. Google isn't going to give you PR credit for 1,000 links from the same site. That was stopped a long time ago. The other thing to consider is that a PR5 page with 100 outbounds is only going to pass on 1/100th of that PR to each link (it's probably not even as simple as that).
My serps have improved alot over the last 3 months but my homepage pr has remained at 3 :mad: even though most of the inner pages increased to pr3's. It seems to me sitewides are not worth much anymore and in fact may harm pr instead of helping it.

Thought?
Why worry about PR? If your SERPs are improving that's the goal surely? Do you think people care about your PR when they visit your site?

Banana Man

Why worry about PR? If your SERPs are improving that's the goal surely? Do you think people care about your PR when they visit your site?
I agree that pr is meanigless to the standard user but when your trying to link build its alot easier if you have a pr5 site to offer 3 way links from in return. Besides that i wouldnt give a monkey's about pr.

On another note, my web design site managed to go up to pr4 even though i havent touched it in the past year.

ziycon

Three of my domains on the one site all have a PR of 2 now, who said a header redirect would affect it!!

ziycon

Nah, they dont permit it, sites being redesigned at the moment and it'll have the proper size images!

Redfly

does the w3c permit shrinking of its icons? I see you did it on your dub nites page.. I am 90% sure they don't allow that...

No, they don't.

I removed them all from all our sites. To further from what Ken so nicely put, do you put a sticker on your car saying "My Car's brakes work and the oil was recently changed" ?

Claire

Page Rank

Hi guys, I've been working on our business site now for about 5 months trying to get links and improve our pr from 4 to 5 to ease the whole recipricoal links thing. I've tried articles submision, search daily for relevant links with a higher pr than mine, I've tried metatags, pay per clicks the whole shooting match. Nothings moved :( . Still the same page rank, moved up 1 place in google search. I have 2 questions I hope to get some help with

1. Is there any value in non recipricoal linking to resource sites (I've heard google are looking at relevance more these days)?

my major problem

2. My site is in the 3/4th position when u search our keywords in google, our resellers are out ranking us for our products, how do I over take them?

HELP

paul

Ninja
Hi Claire & welcome !

Pay per click won't help your SERP.

Do you resellers link back to you ?
Do you update your site regularly ? Do you have an RSS feed for your site ?

It might be easier to give the link to your site and the keywords.

Redfly

Hi guys, I've been working on our business site now for about 5 months trying to get links and improve our pr from 4 to 5 to ease the whole recipricoal links thing. I've tried articles submision, search daily for relevant links with a higher pr than mine, I've tried metatags, pay per clicks the whole shooting match. Nothings moved :( . Still the same page rank, moved up 1 place in google search. I have 2 questions I hope to get some help with

1. Is there any value in non recipricoal linking to resource sites (I've heard google are looking at relevance more these days)?

my major problem

2. My site is in the 3/4th position when u search our keywords in google, our resellers are out ranking us for our products, how do I over take them?

HELP

Claire, first of all, welcome aboard.

Re: reciprocal links, don't bother. Seriously. Stay away from link exchanges. Forget pagerank and concentrate on relevant one way links. Comment on industry blogs, start a dialogue with bloggers in your market.

What is your site?

louie

Also making too many changes to your website in a very short time makes you loose track and as it takes time for thing to show in SE you might make the wrong choice.
When you push a keyword into the page, give it the least 3-5 weeks before it could show some response. Is not going to happen overnight into the serps.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

louie

There are a lot of things you can do the improve the ranking on your website.
Just few below:

1. Replace image links with text
for example on this page: Lean Healthcare Services - Certification Programs

you can have the sub-link look exactly the way they are now with the image button as background and convert the link to text, give it a h1-6 class
2. Testimonials should be text as well no images
3. I will move the left clients list and testimonials somwhere on the right or use the tables trick to push the main content above.
4. make use of title tags on all the a href="" links

5. the "Lean Healthcare Services Blog" change it to white color. you could get a nice penalty from SE cause is black and not clearly visible

6. make sure your website can only be accessed using one url type (eg. with www. or without www.) as it creates duplicates

7 if Leanscm.com is too much the same as the main website it is also consider duplicated content. the reason this page Lean Healthcare Services Contact Us has a rank of 3 while this one Leanscm.com only 2

hope this help you on your way up the SE serps

Status
Not open for further replies.