Status
Not open for further replies.

johned

Hi im going to be starting a new site this week. I want to be shown in the pages from ireland results on google but dont want the hassle of getting a .ie domain. I already have hosting in the states.
My questions are if i register a .com name in ireland and change the name server info will i show in pages from ireland.
If i use googles localized feature will that work,
or will i need an irish ip and to change my hosting.
thanks john.

louie

Google is smart enough to realise what country you are targeting but you can also make use of the geographical target through the webmaster account.

Redfly

You have 3 options:

1) Host on an Irish IP
2) Get a .ie domain name
3) Set your geographic preference in webmaster central as Ireland.

The jury is still out on number 3.

Save yourself a lot of heartache and just get Irish hosting.

johned

thanks for your help. Think i will go with irish hosting but its a tough one as a certain host in the states i normally use offers 250 gigs bandwidth and 5 gigs space for less than 3 euro a month i normally combine this with a dedicated ip for seo and the whole lot costs less than 5 euros. Can anyone recomend a good irish host.
cheers john,
ps i could be wrong but having backlinks from irish sites wont work as i have a few sites listed in irish directories and they dont apear on results from ireland just the directory links do.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for your help. Think i will go with irish hosting but its a tough one as a certain host in the states i normally use offers 250 gigs bandwidth and 5 gigs space for less than 3 euro
And why on earth would you need 250 gigs of bandwidth???

Status
Not open for further replies.