Status
Not open for further replies.

glengara

At no.1 for "seo blogs" PFI returns US hosted Seoremake.com with NO Irish connection I could find, and there's even a similar page in the allinanchor results. I smell a big shakeup coming......

RedCardinal

At no.1 for "seo blogs" PFI returns US hosted Seoremake.com with NO Irish connection I could find, and there's even a similar page in the allinanchor results. I smell a big shakeup coming......
The new geo-targeting feature could actually be used for all manner of malfeasance...

glengara

Malfeasance - do I detect a Jesuit education there? :)

Still not many details coming out about that geographic tool, those pages would point towards a SNAFU rather than anything deliberate, IMO...

Redfly

Glengara,
Can you confirm they were showing BEFORE the release of the geo-location-ey tool in webmaster central?

Redfly

RedCardinal

More extreme weirdness:

after school activities - Google Search

after school activities - Google Search

first one gives a .ie at #3
second retains that .ie at #3, but now includes another .ie at #1+2 which didn't appear in searches from the web.

So the .ie at #3 is relevant for web searches, but becomes less relevant for PFI?

Suggests to me that the geo-targeting algo is likely changing, and different factors are now being used for geotargeting Vs. PFx results.

glengara

Well thanks to Alias over at CI we have another California hosted .com in PFI, weirder still G has only indexed the home page which is a splash page with NO information on it.

It's becoming quite a list :)

glengara

"So the .ie at #3 is relevant for web searches, but becomes less relevant for PFI?"

FWIW and not related to your examples, I've some pages that are 5/6 in PFI but turn up as the first Irish result in "web search" results, I'd put it down to having a "wider" link profile.

glengara

More G.ie weirdness, for a generic term a page of mine is 1 in PFI, I9 in "web search" on G.ie, and 8 in "web search" on G.co.uk :)

Redfly

I was talking to Joost yesterday and he does a lot of local European work and he said there are similar things happening across all PF*

Maybe Ireland will be getting it's onebox soon?
We should be so lucky.

glengara

"..much more localisation on the way.."

Wonder what the future holds for the "Ireland" qualifier in PFI, as it was mostly used to specify Irish sites it seems redundant, can we expect to see the same results for "persian carpets" and "persian carpets ireland"?

RedCardinal

I'm seeing some seriously weird **** at the moment in other country level indices...

Cant give too much away just now, but weird changes afoot...

mann3r

hello Glengara,
just answered your email here (with link love)
Answering question from an email

if you are talking about PFI as pay for Inclusion? no, it is not.

by the way, you can react on that, and if you are not satisfied, we can talk, as you know that domain was used on different global seo contest. so you might have an idea.

Redfly

hello Glengara,
just answered your email here (with link love)
Answering question from an email

if you are talking about PFI as pay for Inclusion? no, it is not.

by the way, you can react on that, and if you are not satisfied, we can talk, as you know that domain was used on different global seo contest. so you might have an idea.

LOL, I think you underestimate the knowledge and intelligence of Stephen. Your blog post suggests such. PFI in this case means "Pages From Ireland" not "Pay for Inclusion". We know well that Google does not offer this service. So basically, you are confirming that you are hosted in Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.