Status
Not open for further replies.

amber.long83

Helloevery one

Pinging the Search engines regularly is good or not from SEO point of view. Which methods is used for pinging the SEs?

thanks in advance

gbonnet

I've never done that ...

Update your XML sitemap and make sure your new content is accessile when browsing your site. That's usually enough to get the new content indexed.

link8r

I've never done that ...

Update your XML sitemap and make sure your new content is accessile when browsing your site. That's usually enough to get the new content indexed.

You're pages need authority. If you have lots of content and add new content but no authority, then having sitemaps won't result in indexing or even crawling

gbonnet

You're pages need authority

Without net-linking/authority you can't do much :)

There I only mentioned what I'm doing on my sites when adding new pages or updating old ones. Since they already have some 'trust' and have been there for a while, the new content is crawled and indexed quickly without the need of a 'ping'.

Sphynx

Helloevery one

Pinging the Search engines regularly is good or not from SEO point of view. Which methods is used for pinging the SEs?

i have pinging plugins( ping for new content and pinging for new sitemap) on few my cms and thats working.
Google index all new articles within two hours.

jmcc

You're pages need authority. If you have lots of content and add new content but no authority, then having sitemaps won't result in indexing or even crawling
Well my main site has a PR of 4 at the moment and it is currently being deep spidered by Google at the rate or approximately a page a second (1.3M pages in February and around 500K pages already in March). Yahoo and Microsoft seem a bit slow on the uptake as usual. It is not really an ordinary site though so I guess there are exceptions to every rule.

Regards...jmcc

joker

ahh I see. Now it's clearer for me.
I thought search engines will automatically ping your site whenever you have updates?

bigbadcon

When you say you ping them to download your new sitemap do you mean the following...

1. New Page is generated.
  2. I update my sitemap automatically when this happens.
  3. Then I ping search engine to download my new sitemap

OR

1. New Page is generated.
  2. I ping search engine who then crawl my site and find new page

dominicfilip

Pings are update tools used to let search engines and other people know you’ve added something new to your blog. While sending a ping, it automatically notifies all the popular search engine crawlers and other update services that you have updated your blog. Moreover Pinging is considered as one of the easiest ways for getting popularity for the blog on search engines and search engine result pages (SERPs).

saviourdlima

pinging an Search Engine is same as pinging RSS directories, it informs that a new page or multiple new pages have been published and thus invites to revisit the site / RSS feed / sitemap-file. Thus the Search Engine and specially all RSS feed directories have created the ping service to faster find newest content and crawl faster, after a ping sent it typically takes seconds to minutes until the bot from that SE viists the URL submitted via ping
For example Google has a special ping service for blogs, so does Y for RSS and live plus dozens of RSS directories such as technorati, syndic8.
The result of ping to SE is that in happy situations you find your newest article already indexed/published in SE after 30-60 minutes following a ping, rarey a few horus.Some of the major SE revisit sitemap or RSS feeds on a regular basis multiple time per day/hr . thus a ping is no absolute must, but speeds up things.

Status
Not open for further replies.