Playing with the layout ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just playing with the layout a bit, as I came across a neat hack for handling the side columns.

Thoughts?

Is it too distracting?

Too wide?

CiaranR

Weeno Ltd + Skimlinks.com
Also it does this to the forum
Same for me using ff 2.0.0.2 on xp

I like them there. I think we have become accustomed to ad's in this position due to google, and they seem well placed.

paul

Ninja
The FF & Google pack ad is too much IMHO. It should be smaller or not there at all. And there is a loading delay for the Google AdSense one.

ButtermilkJack

I don't mind it at all. I'm using a high resolution widescreen monitor so it's actually nice to have the threads reduced in width slightly :)

I'm also noticing the indentation noted above but it's not an issue tbh. (Firefox 2.0.0.2, Mac)

Tom

I'm not sure, I think horizontal ad placement works better with a forum. They do look good there, but there's a lot of white space below the ads on the right.

Cormac

Michele, I think you can solve the layout problem (ziycon's screenshot) by clicking on 'restore template' or something similar within the admin panel. When you login there should be a message saying that template x,y,z has been modified. If you click on restore then those templates should align properly and the template changes should be kept as they are now.

I know it sounds a bit weird but It worked for me after my template was knocked out of snyc with the rest of the layout.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Cormac

That sounds very scary !

Is there any function to backup the settings before doing that?

Michele

Cormac

Not that I'm aware of.

I had a layout problem for ages and I eventually posted about it on vbulletin.com/forum, the support there recommended me to click the revert link. I was very apprehensive about doing it, but I did, and it fixed the problem. :)

Can you see the link to revert, or whatever it's called. It might be in the templates area.

Gavin

Works fine on FF 2.0.1. I can guess you cant please everyone.

I think it looks good but if you dont mind me suggesting something. Move the side bar down to be level with the top line of the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.