Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah, very text heavy, body paras in all bold, and not a single contextual link within the paragraph. Also, for what its worth having no visible contact details on the contact page, save for the form, does little to reinforce confidence in a possible customer.
Remember people like to know theres a person at the end of that form, located somewhere they know, esp since youre calling the biz "Irish" Seo.
HPH for starters.

Beaker123

Thanks for the advice guys. My mistake on the font, Ive got very bad eyesight and must have made it bold at some point so I could see it, thanks for noticing.
As far as the KW insertion, its not a real issue for us, we can pretty much rank for any word on the page given the sites proposed service. With regard to on-page identity disclosure, it would be in both ours and the customer interest to not disclose that openly. We dont ask them such questions nor would we expect them to ask us. We work through paypal so any unsatisfied customer can use the normal dispute procedures. The "Irish" side of it comes in to my location and the geographical area I'm targeting. I'm part of a much larger network of international Seo service providers, I just didn't want to waste the €12 extra for a .ie when its fairly easy to rank in Ireland using any TLD.

But giuys thanks very much for pointing out a few things for me Im Seo not web design, much appreciated.

Beaker123

Made those font adjustments and added a bit more content, thanks for the help guys, my eyes would have never noticed.

Muuuuch better Beaker! Now the blue coloured links are visible. Just a small note on your header image, your tagline "Bringing Irish Business...ine Marketplace" would be more legible if you made the banner a tad deeper and got your tagline up higher into the blue sky section, as its a bit tricky to read on the grass. G'luck.

CelticJim

you need a proof-reader--the article package page would not encourage anyone to pay $10 per article.Sorry €10 per article.Spelling and grammatical errors abound.
Could be a half-decent adsense earner though judging by those search results and competition

Beaker123

Is it just me or are there errors on this forum, that makes posts line vertical 1 letter at a time? I managed to read the last post eventually, and yes your right. Grammar and spelling are not my strongest points. I have dedicated article writers at my disposal and will ask them to review it. But this is my baby, as most of my team didnt want to go after the Irish market. Thank you for you nice comments on the search ranking though. The funny thing is ive hardly even started with the linking on it, as it was only created in March so I didnt want to get it sandboxed straight off the bat. Its only got 15 or so links so far. I'm going to run a small campaign tonight on it to push up on some HT, KW. Watch this space til we apply a big campaign :)
Thanks for the help, keep it coming lads, much appreciated.

link8r

As far as the KW insertion, its not a real issue for us, we can pretty much rank for any word on the page given the sites proposed service. With regard to on-page identity disclosure, it would be in both ours and the customer interest to not disclose that openly.

How would "disclosing" your location affect your customers unless you mentioned your customers?

We dont ask them such questions nor would we expect them to ask us. We work through paypal so any unsatisfied customer can use the normal dispute procedures. The "Irish" side of it comes in to my location and the geographical area I'm targeting. I'm part of a much larger network of international Seo service providers, I just didn't want to waste the €12 extra for a .ie when its fairly easy to rank in Ireland using any TLD.

But giuys thanks very much for pointing out a few things for me Im Seo not web design, much appreciated.

You have adsense on your site and asking for a web design review of a site that is running a template highlights the very spammy nature of your work.

I would suggest that this thread should be closed / removed on grounds of spam.

CelticJim

there is little doubt he is getting the link from the forum for his benefit.It's a .info dedicated to adsense and I doubt he has much intention of ever doin any actual SEO work.However I couldn't personally begrudge him the effort even if he has been slightly disingenuous.As for the thread only one person can make that call and she seems fairly lenient where site reviews and links are concerned so fair play to her.

Beaker123

OMG I cant beleive what you guys are saying. Well I can, Id be afraid too if I was involved in Irish SEO work and reviewed my site I would. Id do everything in my power too to try and stop me from getting any exposure. Coz what I have to say and offer about SEO, flys in the face of everything you have been stuffing down clients throats for years now.
But dont worry I'll play your game. I need this link like I need a wart on my ass. It was put there automatically when I first made the thread. For your happiness I have placed it inside a php box to kill it.
As far as the adsense. Well I wouldnt be the first person to put adsense on a service site. And definately not the first person to ask for a site with adsene to be reviewed. If you took the time to actually read other proactive advice I was getting from others, the adsense came as a suggestion by one of the reviewers, and I only placed it there yesterday to see how it would fit asthetically.
But as I said earlier, Its a scary thing for you to see such sites popping up around you. But I came here for a review, which I was receiving and very happy with the help some guys gave me.

link8r

. Coz what I have to say and offer about SEO, flys in the face of everything you have been stuffing down clients throats for years now.
But dont worry I'll play your game.

Excuse me - but what have I or anyone else here "stuffed" down anybody's throat? Your site in no way concerns nor threatens me - I rank for SEO within Ireland and that's the only proof of concept I need. I think your site is spammy = i.e. I think it takes up valuable space on the internet because life is too short for spam of any kind...

You wanted critique on a template? What "design" work did you do? Where is it? What is it you did apart from throw up some awful content with grammatical errors and atrocious spelling? It shows no appreciation of your market, your clients or SEO of any kind (except some terrible 1990's style "SEO" with keyword "density" and circular links on anchor text).

No sir, I just think your dangerous to be honest.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Since you girls won't play nice with each other this thread is being locked

@Beaker123 - watch your language
@link8r - tone it down a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.