Plural domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magenta

Hello,

I was looking at a few domain names the ones i wanted have been taken.

For example lets say i was looking for home.com and this was not available, if i purchased homes.com would this have any effect on google seo.

If some one typed in home would my homes.com be considered as a seo friendly domain name?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure how it impacts the SEO, but people probably search for the plural of an item as much, if not more, as they do for the singular.

For example, I suspect people would search for "used cars" and not "used car"

Magenta

I'm not sure how it impacts the SEO, but people probably search for the plural of an item as much, if not more, as they do for the singular.

For example, I suspect people would search for "used cars" and not "used car"

Thanks black night. My query relates to google searches that are not plural, so if an individual searched "tree" what's the chances of trees.com showing up in the search results I.e. are plurals seo friendly.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks black night. My query relates to google searches that are not plural, so if an individual searched "tree" what's the chances of trees.com showing up in the search results I.e. are plurals seo friendly.
I'd recommend experimenting tbh - Google's way of handling things is a constantly moving target :)

Status
Not open for further replies.