Position of PPC ad on Google Search Results Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Anyone know what determines whether the top 2/3 PPC ads will appear directly above the organic listings or only on the right hand side? Or is it completly random?

paul

Ninja
I'm thinking a major one would be the bid price. I'm sure quality score comes in too.

Uncle Rico

Sorry Paul, I don't mean in terms of getting your ad to a high position. I mean why do some search results have PPC ads at the top of the page (above organic listings) while sometimes there's none, only on the right hand side.

gav240z

You're welcome.

Hi Dave,
One thing that confuses me, it used to be that you only spend 1 cent more than what your competitor below you is willing to spend.

However lets say for argument sake I'm spending €0.05 cent and beating a competitor to top place who is spending €0.50 cent and appears below me.

Am I charged €0.05 cent or min CPC as determined by Quality Score?

Hope that makes sense :).

Cheers,

Redfly

Hi Dave,
One thing that confuses me, it used to be that you only spend 1 cent more than what your competitor below you is willing to spend.

However lets say for argument sake I'm spending €0.05 cent and beating a competitor to top place who is spending €0.50 cent and appears below me.

Am I charged €0.05 cent or min CPC as determined by Quality Score?

Hope that makes sense :).

Cheers,

Hey Gav,
Yea, it used to be like that but since the second QS "roll" it is not any more. Everything is determined by QS.

But in general, if you have a great QS (minimum 1-3 cent bids) you can pretty much bid as high as you want and you'll get the best price possible. If your competition can be profitable (in general) paying more or equal to that, you should be too.

Ahmed

Anyone know what determines whether the top 2/3 PPC ads will appear directly above the organic listings or only on the right hand side? Or is it completly random?

Hi,

I think it depends on the weight of competition.

If you are concerned where your ad was exactly when it was clicked, just check your Google Analytics data under keyword positions :D

Wish i have been more helpful :confused:

Thanks

PaulSymonds

Adwords Position

It is not random because it does defintiely depends on quality score etc (it's one of the sections in the Adwords Certificiation) but you cnanot ascertain ahead of time for sure if there will be 0,1,2 or 3 listing on TOP of the search results.

Status
Not open for further replies.