Status
Not open for further replies.

piardog

Hello All,

I just tried to sign up for Google Adwords but you can't without an EU VAT no.

I don't really want one at the moment.

Is it possible to do any PPC campaigns anywhere without a VAT number?

Thanks

Danny :(

Redfly

You actually CAN run your PPC campaigns with Google without a VAT number. You need to select "For personal use".

Bear in mind, being from the same place you are billed from, you will STILL be charged VAT.

If you are an Irish business, sole trader or personal user, you will still be charged VAT. There's no way out of it.

piardog

Thanks Redfly.

I have no problem paying the VAT to the government.

It is just that I don't want to have a VAT no. at the moment.

I couldn't see any place to make it for personal use.

Where do you find that section?

Thanks for your input.

Danny :)

piardog

Thanks Redfly,

I have just applied for an EU VAT no. The reason I didn't want to was

because I was out of work and on disability (I have some health problems)

and I was not sure of the consequences.

I am trying to do get out of a rut and get back to work. What the hell! Life is short!

Thanks for your help once again.

I like your Website.

Is that Wordpress (main)Theme your own?

I Checked and I couldn't find it anywhere online. It looks good. Congrats!

Thanks

Danny :)

Redfly

Hi Danny,
Please PLEASE see an accountant before you do anything. Do not take my (or anyones) word as gospel online.

And yes, the theme is our own custom design. You wont find it online.

Sinead Hanley

Does anyone know how this ended up - I'm in the same situation - a Business but not registered for VAT - I understand that I will have to pay VAT on the Google Ad but the only thing is - it's a business ad - not a personal ad

Please advise

Satanta

Please PLEASE see an accountant before you do anything. Do not take my (or anyones) word as gospel online.
A big +1 to Dave's advice there.

You actually CAN run your PPC campaigns with Google without a VAT number. You need to select "For personal use".
The general advice we've always found (ranging from accountants, to google, to revenue themselves) is that as long as the relevant VAT is being paid/accounted for, it doesn't much matter on the 'technical' side of it (e.g. using a business account marked as personal, as the same domestic rate will apply). So if you're not VAT registered, signing up with a 'personal use' account (where the VAT is automatically charged) was a fine solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.