Status
Not open for further replies.

Seohelp

SelfSEO.com has a PR predictor tool.
They are estimating a 4.

Out of curiousity, does anyone feel that Page Rank does contribute significantly to a ranking position within the SERPs?

Personally, I've seen little or no benefit with regards to SEO benefits to an increased PR.

Anyone notice anything different whilst testing PR changes?

RedCardinal

Not sure there is any acurate way of predicting PR.

But is you submit a sitemap you can look at the Page Stats and you get a little graph showing the distribution of live pagerank on your site. So this is the current PR not the toolbar PR.

No one knows for sure what the pageranks are for each category (low, medium, high) but I think the common belief is 1-4, 5-7, 8-10 respectively.

Probably going to be an update in the next4-6 weeks so then will see.

Cant say that pagerank is of any real use other than for measuring the strength of outbound links.

tomed

I'd take a guess at a PR of 4 on next update. This is down to the inbound LINK you have (google has yet to pick it up) from a site with a PR of 5. But you're right, you need a few more quality inbound links!

Tom

tomed

First place to look is all those lovely sites you have!

I can put some on other sites for you too.... leave with me ;)

Tom

Cormac

i gave you a inbound link from my blog which will no doubt move you up to PR11,000 or thereabouts

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
if you target Ireland you should try getting the .ie domain if available.
you probably have it already
Another .ie domain? I've got too many domains as it is :)

Do you think the .ie will make a difference?

The site is hosted on an Irish IP.. I just think Google hates me :(

louie

I think it will cause Google will relize is for the Irish market and copy the ols results there as well. The proof is above. You have a good amount of pages in Google (600>) but not targeting the ie at all.

RedCardinal

if you target Ireland you should try getting the .ie domain if available.
you probably have it already

actualy is available - checked on IEDR

if you look in Google for http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=site:www.irishwebmasterforum.com&btnG=Search&meta=cr=countryIE

you get no pages when here

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=site:www.irishwebmasterforum.com&meta=
you get 665 pages

That's a curious one. Technically the site should rank very similarly to a .ie as its on an Irish IP.

Personally I dont think many people use the pages from Ireland option anyhow. It is very strange though that for irish webmaster forum - Google Search this site is #1 but for irish webmaster forum - Google Search nada. The IP resolves to Ireland...

An email to Google might not go amiss here? Nothing to lose.

Thinking a bit more, I dont think that the SERPs are going to drive traffic here. More likely a few very well positioned links or ads? Maybe something viral like a bit of research on Irish websites or something? Don't really know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.