problem with dynamic content refreshed by checking box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busarus

I have this snippet of code... basically it display a tick box that if you check it, changes the content shown in the page

i dont want the viewer to have to check it - i want it checked by default as "only my candidates" and by extension have the relevant data shown....

any suggestions

PHP:
<form name="candidatesViewSelectorForm" id="candidatesViewSelectorForm" action="<?php echo(CATSUtility::getIndexName()); ?>" method="get">
                            <input type="hidden" name="m" value="candidates" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="a" value="listByView" />

<table class="viewSelector">
                                <tr>
                                    <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
                                        <?php $this->dataGrid->printNavigation(false); ?>
                                    </td>
                                        <input type="checkbox" name="onlyMyCandidates" id="onlyMyCandidates" <?php if ($this->dataGrid->getFilterValue('OwnerID') ==  $this->userID): ?>checked<?php endif; ?> onclick="<?php echo $this->dataGrid->getJSAddRemoveFilterFromCheckbox('OwnerID', '==',  $this->userID); ?>" />
                                        Only My Candidates&nbsp;
                                    </td>
                                       <!-- <input type="checkbox" name="onlyHotCandidates" id="onlyHotCandidates" <?php if ($this->dataGrid->getFilterValue('IsHot') == '1'): ?>checked<?php endif; ?> onclick="<?php echo $this->dataGrid->getJSAddRemoveFilterFromCheckbox('IsHot', '==', '\'1\''); ?>" />
                                        <label for="onlyHotCandidates">Only Hot Candidates</label>&nbsp;-->
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </table>
                        </form>

mahamageehad

In the <input> tag that you want already checked add the code:

checked="yes"

This will automatically tick the box

Busarus

no that doesnt work
i know how to check the box

as is, it operates an onclick function
if the box is checked in the code, the onclick function is not triggered

louie

You need a timer refresh using JavaScript to reload the content every so often.
Forget about the checkbox - use the window.onload run script

Status
Not open for further replies.