Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Up until a few months ago Adsense publishers weren't allowed to reveal their earnings, but since Google relaxed that rule many of the higher earners seem to be very happy talking about how much they've made.

Darren Rowse highlights one such blogger's earnings for 2005 and it is impressive growth:
"In Feb 2005 I made $53 from Adsense — it was the first month I started using Adsense. This month I’m projecting about $4700 from Adsense."

Wow!

CGorman

Just read a piece in the EirePreneur about Rodrigo Schulzthe author of Treonauts, a gadget blog. Apparently he's bringing in €20,000 a month from Adsense and other revenue streams!

writie

The figures are impressive, but they don't help me much. The trick is HOW do they reach the figures. But I suppose someone will put that info in a downloadable pakage and sell it soon!

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of sites where people discuss tips and tricks on improving adsense earnings, though there is no "magic" formula

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I agree and when we can 'tweak' our adsense to get better payment of clicks the biggest factor is the amount of traffic coming through the site.
I wouldn't entirely agree.
The type of traffic is really the key.

On some of the sites that I manage the traffic is quite high but the earnings are really low, whereas some of the sites with relatively low traffic perform really well

Gavin

Just out of interest what would be a typical day earning for a high traffic site and how much daily traffic would that site get?

Gavin

My sites personally? They dont really do brilliant for the moment, I can pull in around $5 per day with 300 visits on two sites I suppose its better than a kick up the arse.

Gavin

$10 - $20 isnt bad at all and I am sure it helps to pay the bills.

How many sites do you run? I am currently on 2 wand 3 blogs. Getting ready to launch another site but it wont have Adsense on it.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It helps cover my rent and will go towards my car repayments :)

I run quite a few sites, but there are only one or two that actually make any decent money from Adsense. I'm currently toying with moving some of the lower earners over to a different network to see if it makes any difference

Gavin

You could always give it a shot for a month or two but as far as I am seeing & hearing Google is the best network. YPN pays well but for now its US only and their ads are not exactly relevant to the content.

If you want I could take a look at one of your low paying sites and see if I can come up with any suggestions for better payout. PM the url if you want but of you rather not no probs as I'll understand about keeping sites under wraps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.