Product Image Catalogging Software recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive reached a point where certain retail clients product images are long long overdue some serious filing and easy to identify (and use) software to catalogue same. Can any one suggest something they have used? Ill be looking also on how I might categorize them into high and low res versions where some are needed for print and some at 72dpi only. I guess will depend on a good strong naming convention proceedure. Image numbers will be in their thousands and will need to be split by category etc. Anyone and experience in this?
Sorry Edited post to say Catalogging will take place on Windows (not Mac) thanks.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't Adobe have an image catalogue solution?

Can't remember the name and of course I could be misremembering ..

I think youre thinking of Adobe Bridge. Its more as the name suggests a bridge between the suite of adobe apps to help manage your images.
I guess Im looking for something standalone, suppose something like a glorified Windows Explorer - I think....

Tom

Paintshop Pro has an image organiser that allows you to sort, rate photos and add tags etc. I haven't really used it and my trial expired a while ago but I imagine it's pretty good. Probably more of a stand alone option and cheaper than Adobes offerings.

Currently mulling over Picasa and Flickr as probable solutions. A factor has to be the aspect of sharing, uploading, removing with the client. Anyone any experience of either? The cynic in me thinks not so sure I want everything I do owned by Uncle Google though....

Status
Not open for further replies.