Status
Not open for further replies.

sendog

What blogging software do ye recommend for a business site? Do ye recommend something like blogger and then customise it to look similar to the main site?

Axwell

Wordpress is the most common. You can theme it to look like the main site or use it as a CMS and build the whole website to include the blog as part of it.

offloadit

Sample Blogs

Anyone know some good irish blogs perhaps your own? Particularly ones that get a lot of return visits? I'm new to blogging and want to see what works and what doesn't

plewman

I have two websites mysite.ie and mysite.co.uk, but only want to do one blog, should I maintain both and copy and paste or link one to the other, or host at a seperate IP and link to both?

As far as I am concerned a blog is the most effective website marketing tool available. I have only recommended against it once. That company offered crime scene clean-ups.

beanstalk

That's exactly the kind of company who could use a blog to their advantage by writing interesting content. True, it'd have to be written pretty carefully, but I think recommending not to use a blog in that case was shortsighted!

Hexagram

I would recommend you try to bring together relevant news that relates to the website the blog exists for.

If you blog about stuff like that on a daily basis then your blog will do well for promoting your website.

Make sure you link to new posts on your blog using your website's twitter/facebook when you publish them.

Hafsoh

One of the most significant strengths of blogging is that it will allow you to connect and build relationships and trust from your visitors, Readers will have the opportunity to interact with you by leaving comments on your posts, which helps to strengthen those connections.

webcom

Nice Idea

Maintaining a blog is nice because with a blog you can interact with your visitors.

Thanks
TC

offloadit

i've been building a blog for couple of months now and I am starting to have a bit of success. My blog posts are now turning up on first and second pages of google searches within seconds of adding the posts which is always a plus. I think the main thing is to keep updating the content.

I'm using wordpress which is very user friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.