Status
Not open for further replies.

Requardo

Hello all!

I have a site that deals with surgery associates.
I wanted to open a blog for it, and I wanted to ask you if you think it will be useful to open a blog for this kind of website, will it be useful? will it drive me more traffic?

Link for a website that deals also with surgery associates(for example):
oral surgery associates

Thanks!

StuartC

A blog is useful no matter what the subject matter is. its just about how you make the blog interesting.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If the content is good, then yes. If you're planning on putting up a blog just for SEO, then NO

link8r

I really agree with Blacknight. If you think you have a use for a blog as a blog, then most certainly. If you don't, then you don't.

Niche

Blogs are useful for traffic in a few ways
first, if your blog is hosted on a seperate IP from your website, then a link from your blog to your website has some SEO value

Also if your blog gets good rankings in the search engines due to frequently updated content and RSS feeds, it may get a good amount of traffic and some of the traffic could click through to your site

In my experience, well worth the investment of time and effort

zyke

by doing related blogs you can also promote your website, but don't make it very obvious, because readers of your blog will not like it. Just make your blog interesting, put some banners and links of your website.

wayneparnell789

Blog is open for all kind of personal intrest, Blog is nothing but sharing your personal thoughts and opinion on your own intrested niche, so you can blog on your niche

joker

You can use your own blog for promotional purposes. It can also help you to improve your back links and increase traffic to your site. Make sure you will create a blog in which you can attract readers interest and more importantly, it is related to your site.

paddy12

Blogging for me is the most important contextual link building.Just make sure you are putting unique, original and fresh content as well. Do not make it too obvious that you are just blogging for your site.Make useful contents, readers who find it helpful would eventually click on your resource site. Avoid naming a blog with the same name as your site.And you can also optimize the blog itself to make sure it will be really beneficial.

MWick

So you will make the blog interesting, get traffic to it and then advertise your site on it ? How about if you focus your efforts on your site directly ?

Andrew

Hi Requardo,
I take it your site isn’t exactly… local? KS is that Kansas USA? No worries, was just curious… back to the topic at hand…
I would take on all everyone said above and go for it, as it only costs a few euro/dollars for a new site between domain name and a small hosting package. Try having one new article every day, they needn’t be long and winding but concise and informative. People are out there looking for information everyday, keep a close eye on what search terms are bringing people to your site and work on these.
If after a year the blog isn’t working as you would have liked, sell it. You might get lucky or maybe get left with it. I’d give it a go.
Andrew

paddy12

Mwic, of course it would be helpful to focus on your site as well but we are talking about the benefits of blogging for a site here.

MickRegan

Some of the comments suggest keeping the blog seperate from your website.

If the content of each is relevant to each other, then i'd consider making the blog an actual part of your website and as far as possible integrate the look and feel (navigation etc).

It does work from an SEO perspective, but pay equal attention to what you write as well.

beanstalk

Don't plan on having a blog just for SEO but concentrate on writing content that people will find interesting. You'll build a community around your website if you do it the right way, but if people sense you're blogging just to add content, they'll run. The skill lies in writing interesting content about something that's potentially boring. Check out the madeinhollywood blog, I think it's a really good example (David Behans work if I'm right). Build a community and the SEO will follow.

writerlyderv

Promoting Your Website with a Blog

Hi

From a content point of view, blogs add an exra dimension to your site. They give you a chance o tell your cusomers about your business vision and about how your products will benefit them.

If you feel blogging might be time consuming, I offer a ghost blogging service which will help you gather your thoughts together.

Best wishes,

Derbhile

beanstalk

I think the whole concept of having someone else write your blog for you is a big no no. It's being dishinest IMHO and you'll get caught out sooner or later. I know that I'd stop reading someones blog if I found it that someone was writing it for them.

writie

I think the whole concept of having someone else write your blog for you is a big no no. It's being dishinest IMHO and you'll get caught out sooner or later. I know that I'd stop reading someones blog if I found it that someone was writing it for them.
I'll have to confess here that not only have I written blogs for other people, I've also ghost-written for Twitter, which is pretty borderline. It depends on the tone of the writing and what you are writing. Blogs do not necessarily have to be personal (and the case could be argued for Twitter too). But it helps to ensure they are personable! But for very niche sites (such as surgical assistants), I'd say the info is mostly to be found inside the site owner's head. I'm not too sure how I'd go about making stuff up!

writerlyderv

Promoting Your Website with a Blog

It's like any kind of writing. Sometimes people know what they want to say, but need help deciding how to say it. Blogging's just another way of helping them to do that. I people have misgivings, I can give them the tools to do it for themselves.

msafi

Blogging

I agree, blogging is very important and it can help a lot. The best thing to do is get some good topics going that are related to your main website. Like said before, don't mention your website. It will just come off as advertising. Let the reader make the connection for themself so that they can find their way to your main site without have any prejudice against visiting there. The last poster does have a point too. Don't loose focus on your main site. It won't help much if you have a great blog and your site sucks. Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.