Quarterly Irish Webmaster Meetup - Proposal for date in March / April?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav240z

Hi Everyone,
Following the success of the last Irish Webmaster Meet up at the Harbour Master in Dublin, there has been some talk of making this a quarterly, half yearly or annual event.

I know a few of you missed the last one and so I think we should aim for another meeting in March or April this year.

I think Dublin is a good city for it since that's where most of us are located, however I'm willing to travel to other cities if the general consensus is willing.

So let me know your thoughts and ideas and lets get planning :).

davidbehan

All my weekends are booked up in March and April so I'd be hoping for early May maybe. I'd be willing to travel also but I feel there would be a bigger turn out at a Dublin event.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Pretty much a full schedule as well ( Paddys Month :D ... New York .. ) .. hence May was good for me (far enough away yet close enough at the same time)

Numbers wise ... Dublin I think is good .. I think there would be the select few that would pretty much go anywhere given enough notice but the overall numbers will be greatly reduced given the numbers that turned up in dublin who were kinda just curious about it. Galway for example doesn't really have that big a userbase I'd guess ?

Belfast ... isn't exactly a pretty city either ... and its quite pricey

Cork would be good for me though as VA wants to go there again and I've never been on the beer there so :D

caminowebmaster

Yeah I missed the last one, Sat night never a good time for these things.

I would be interested in coming along - April is hard though, May is good.

gav240z

Let's aim for May

I think May is a good idea, it gives a good space between the last one and the upcomming one. Seems like people are more free during this time anyway.

Plus it might be (fingers crossed) sunny! Could book a Beer garden or something.

Forbairt

Provisional dates ... Friday 9th / Saturday 10th May ? :)

Later on will be entering exam time for various students who might turn up and entering holiday season

gav240z

Yeah I'm down with that.

Sounds good to me. We can set a soft date of 9th / 10th of May and once we get closer we can confirm.

Do you want or not want students coming along? I personally think Students are fine since many of them are probably interested in the search industry and it could be a good way to meet individuals (recruit) them into your business. :)

Gavin

Students? Arent these things supposed to be for everyone?

As soon as people starting dedicating who should and who shouldn't attend then all respect gets thrown out the window. There are already a few doing this in Dublin and they just come across as being complete twats to be honest.

gav240z

Students? Arent these things supposed to be for everyone?

As soon as people starting dedicating who should and who shouldn't attend then all respect gets thrown out the window. There are already a few doing this in Dublin and they just come across as being complete twats to be honest.

Sorry I was just trying to Clarify what James / Forbairt said. He mentioned something about students and I wasn't sure if he was saying that its a good time to have a meet cause they can attend?

I wouldn't want to dictate who is and isn't welcome, as far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome.

Forbairt

I'd mentioned students as I wanted to include any potential students in the whole thing. I know a fair few of the boards users are students so having it around exam time for them would be a no no and I think there are one or two users I wouldn't mind meeting this time around.

Also as it edges on towards end of may start of june more people will be thinking about taking holidays ...

Guess I was just trying to find a good time to suit all :)

Gavin

I wouldn't want to dictate who is and isn't welcome, as far as I'm concerned everyone is welcome.

I was thinking that Gav and no need to apologies as I wasn't taking a dig at either your or James.....even though he's mad but hey so am I. :)

Drang3d

Fresh ideas come from fresh minds, I wouldnt dismiss anybody. I really wanted to attend the last one but couldnt but May suits me

louie

Good idea TheMenace...
I am for that too...
I wouldn't mind looking like a keyboard, my eyes already do so... :)

nevf

I haven't been fairly active on this board really, but i have been popping in and out the odd time. I probably wouldn't be going anyway because I'd be too young to be going into any pubs, and my location is less than ideal, but I'm just wondering what happens at the meetups?

Do ye go up with an agenda and have a meeting over a pint, or is the discussion just about whereever the wind takes you?

Good idea TheMenace...
I am for that too...
I wouldn't mind looking like a keyboard, my eyes already do so... :)
How about Naughty Geek? :p

Cormac

Yeah, I agree with Gavin. No Students allowed, except beauticians, female beauticians, good looking female beauticians, good looking female beauticians with low standards, good looking female beauticians with low standards who can't hold their liquor and slappers.

kjt

Hopefully I'll be able to make this meet-up. I will try my best to arrange something for you Cormac ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.