Reduce cost

Advert test

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Bid on less popular phrases?

Your question is a bit vague. If we knew which vertical you were targetting we might be able to provide better answers ...

localize the search for your area (city, country, etc)
don't bid for the first place but for the 2-5 for the right hand side of the page.

Might sound a bit negative, but you could be disappointed in results. You will soon see if you can justify adwords, bid on your most generic keywords for top 5 positions, try it for 1 week and see how your sales / return on investment (ROI) stack up. I would safely say when you do your sums, it is a win win situation for the big G

Might sound a bit negative, but you could be disappointed in results. You will soon see if you can justify adwords, bid on your most generic keywords for top 5 positions, try it for 1 week and see how your sales / return on investment (ROI) stack up. I would safely say when you do your sums, it is a win win situation for the big G
You mean Google has strategies to keep costs up to anyone using Adwords?

bid management is not everything
you need to watch out for your broad match, exact match, make sure you have a listing of negative keywords... do you use the API connection from Google?

MOH

Making sure your target page is relevant to your ad will increase your quality score and help lower cost, and I believe page load time is also a factor in calculating this.

In addition to the suggestions above, I would recommend you do a comprehensive analysis of what phrases are working best for you. Then try to reoptimise your budget to focus on the better performing phrases.