Reg365 Hosting Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnrochie

Hi all,

Just wondering, I set up a reseller hosting account with Reg365 last week. It wasn't quite what I expected but I'm reasonably happy with it. My question is, I have a couple of domains recently registered with 123-reg in england. I want to host these on my hosting account with Reg365.

It's not seemed as easy as I thought it was to do this. Do I have to transfer these domains to Reg365 or is there another way to do it? I thought I could just have the DNS point to the reg 365 hosting but I'm not sure how to do this if it is actually possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

sposs

Hi John,

Yes you have two options , you can simply change the nameservers with the current domain registrar over to register365's DNS.

Or you can submit a transfer request with register365 in order to move your domains over , however this will incur a cost , but it does add an additional year onto the domains expiry date , so you don't lose any time with the transfer.

You will also need to change the nameservers when the domains transfer as this is not something that is done automatically.

johnrochie

thanks for that. for now I'll just change the name nameservers as ive a few years on most of the domains so no need to incur the extra cost at the moment. Is it just the nameserver so or do I need to make changes to the DNS?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Once you change the nameservers the DNS will have to change, but you won't be able to control the DNS from the previous provider any more

Status
Not open for further replies.