Status
Not open for further replies.

fruity

Hi,
Due to a disk failure on register365, two of my client sites have now been down for over 36 hours, with no end in sight and the databases seemingly trashed. One client had an advertising campaign due to go live this week and has now lost a significant amount of money. Incidently, the last time I logged a support call it was not answered for over 3 months, at which time we had fixed the problem.

I've never known a problem like this - all my other sites are thankfully hosted with another provider. Moving is not an option currently due to having no way of backing up our database on their control panel.

Has anyone else been affected by this in the last few days?

Avictim

Register365

I am in the same situation. Client site is down and theer is nothing they can do to help me. The fact was I could not get backup before from their hosting panel, so I am in the hands of the Gods to know how much data is lost . To think that I moved to this crowd because of a similar issue with my last hosting company. In fairness to the last company they had the site back in 12 hours. 36 hours and still counting with Register365. Once this is over I am moving from them , what a shower of incompetants.

giuseppe

I'm in the same boat myself, with 4 client sites down. The guys on the phone can provide no more information than is displayed on their status page, which is next to useless.

Following a series of phone calls I sent an email last night detailing the affected sites and what I was seeing when I tried to connect. I've just received a general reply giving me no more info than I already know. They continue to say "a small number of databases are continuing to experience problems" which I don't buy for a second. I'd like to hear from someone who has a database on mssql.hosting365.ie who's site is working.

I'm most defienitely moving all my client sites when (if!!) these are back up and running.

Stupid Private

I fully agree that there's no way any database is back working - small number my a$$

Thankfully one of my sites was small enough that I was able to go through googles cache of each page and copy the relevant data off it. I'm now inputting that back into a database on a different server.

Complete and utter imbeciles at register365

giuseppe

Their status page now says "Service has been restored to the majority of affected databases -however a small minority are still not functioning correctly." What's the bets all of our databases come under this small minority.

Stupid Private

Their status page now says "Service has been restored to the majority of affected databases -however a small minority are still not functioning correctly." What's the bets all of our databases come under this small minority.

Was just about to ask if anyone was in the majority!

fruity

still down!

Yup, it's now 48 hours and still the same message being reposted about a few customers still being down...

Stupid Private

Anyone anywhere in the large number of working databases?

19:36 - 8 July .... "Our System Administrators have completed the database restoration and the SQL Server is now live and operational."

20.34 - 8 July .... "We have received reports from a small number of users that their database connections are still not fully operational."

21.02 - 8 July .... "We are aware that some customers..."

10.00 - 9 July .... "Whilst full service has been restored to the database server, we are continuing to investigate a small number of cases where users are unable to connect to their databases."

14.04 - 9 July .... "This has had a positive effect but a small number of databases are still not functioning correctly."

15.57 - 9 July .... "Service has been restored to the majority of affected databases -however a small minority are still not functioning correctly."

20.08 - 9 July .... "Unfortunately a small number of databases are still not functioning correctly."

09.52 - 10 July .... "Database content has been fully restored by our engineers however a small number of databases are affected by permissions problems which is preventing access to the data."

Avictim

They lost my data

It looks like my database is not coming back. Here is Register365 response.

Our System Administrators have reviewed your site, however we have not able to restore the data contained within your database. We have manually searched through all data on the server but have not been able to recover any usable data.

Anyone else in the same situation?

fruity

It looks like my database is not coming back. Here is Register365 response.

Our System Administrators have reviewed your site, however we have not able to restore the data contained within your database. We have manually searched through all data on the server but have not been able to recover any usable data.

Anyone else in the same situation?

I'm so sorry to hear that. We got one of the two back, but have heard nothing about the second. I'm not sure what the story is - if the database is lost the business in question will be severely impacted. I actually cannot believe how this could have happened -surely they have some older backups for you?

Avictim

Luckily, I had a default site and database on another server with another hosting company ( cheap mans version of failover). We lost 4 months of data. But no thanks to R365 we were able to be up and runninng in 3 hour with everyone linked onto the US server. The fact is we had left the US server for R365 because a database crash in jUly 2008. Looking back at least they did not lose all our data.

I am amazed with R365, I would love to sue them but it would just cost money and get me no where.

Byron

To be honest... they are idiots, full stop. Don't bother going near R365, if you are with them, change over, if you are contimplating, you'd be better off give your money to the Simon Community and get a feel good factor out of it, because R365 just means hassle, dozens of professional webmasters with similar complaints on this forum, imagine the hobbists that have similar issues!

Simply put, don't use them, and dozens of others will stand over that opinion here

Web Templates

I feel you pain, perhaps this is another reminder that we should all have redundancy options in place and not rely on others for regular backups.

Lottoplus

My sites have been hammered for the last couple of days, 365 over loading the servers with sites I guess. Been getting complaints from people. Its a joke at this stage, and their customer care don't seem to give a shit just try to pawn the blame on any one but them selfs.:mad:

sposs

Why bring back a post from july? Maybe you need to move your sites to a dedicated or VPS server if there doing alot of heavy traffic.

blueark

I reckon there's enough people out there to keep this thread going till next July! Just had another backup issue with them myself this week. In fairness, they didn't lose the files (hands up -- that was my fault). But I asked them on Friday if they could restore it, and they said they could for €35 or thereabouts. No problem, go for it, then they get back saying it's a legacy account, so they only keep disaster recovery backups, so they can't do anything. I asked if they could retrieve it from the disaster recovery backups, even if I pay extra, and they eventually replied on Monday night that they could if I contacted support (hmm, was I not on to support?!). I replied straight away, then Tuesday night someone else gets back to me saying there was some apparent confusion, they can't do the restore, because the legacy backups are overwritten every 24 hours. Of course, it only took them 103 hours to tell me this. So, they can, then they can't, then they can, no wait... they can't.

Thankfully, between myself and my client, we were able to piece most of it back together, but it's just the latest in a long line of unprofessional behaviour from R365 that gets to me. Unlike some, I rarely had any trouble with them in the old days, and when things went wrong, I could honestly use the term "customer service" without a hint of irony. But since Namesco took over, I've been slowly but surely moving all my customers away...

neweb

Client got an order from a site hosted on r365, went in today to view the client and order details and all he is getting is

Service Unavailable

They are complete fuc*ing morons.

I would drop them tomorrow if I could get clients to agree to leave. I have about 30 clients still with them and they don't want to switch as they have custom MX records or 30 email addresses and they don't want the hassle of resetting all there accounts.

Hosting 365 should be ashamed of the way they dumped there clients on this fuc*ing retarded bunch of fools. :mad:

blueark

Yep, having exactly the same problem this morning with one of my clients: Service Unavailable. In my case, it seems to be on their win19 server (legacy, HSPHERE), which seems to be having a lot of regular problems.

At the moment, I can't access FTP, let alone the site itself. The client noticed it at 7:45 this morning; it's now 11:30am, and still down. In fairness to R365, they're giving my client some free hosting to make up for it, moving their legacy site to their new cluster, and keeping both accounts open simultaneously for 3 months. Hopefully things will improve, and I will quite happily come back and report if they do.

hosting365

I find it amazing that Blacknight have email and servers down and everyone nods and smiles, and an issue with namesco, equally well communicated through their status site and neweb is baying for blood! If your client is running a critical ecommerce app, I would recommend either a move to namesco's new cluster, or a solution with appropriate SLA's.

blueark

My client's site is still down since at least 7:45 this morning, which is totally unacceptable by any standard. In comparison, not one of my Blacknight customers have had to contact me regarding the server status since I started using them 6-7 months ago. Hopefully the move to the new cluster will improve things (even if it does waste even more of my time), but it really feels like we're being penalised for being a long-time customer...

Status
Not open for further replies.